BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Board game statistics rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ana-Maria Stanescu
Romania
flag msg tools
Hi everyone!

I need your help. I have to make a presentation on the evolution of awareness and requests of board games among adults. Do you happen to know how many people play board games versus how many people actually buy them?

Thank you in advance!
Mo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazy Mountain

Colorado
msg tools
mb
I don't understand your question, or what data you anticipate would answer it.

-average size of game playing group vs the number in that group who buy games.
-average ratio of played: unplayed in a user's owned games collection.
-sales and marketing data from specific games releases.
-Google queries for a game vs total print run

I don't think anyone knows how to help you, presently. Or has accurate data for your question.

There are threads and polls on BGG forums about some of those data points I mention; and some users might have useful data in profiles.

Once you clarify what you're seeking and how users can inform your research, you might have good luck hosting and linking to a research survey, both here on BGG and on Reddit, r/boardgames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuba W
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, the question is too vague. What do you mean by "people who play games"? Is 1 game per year enough to qualify? What about 3 games in a lifetime?

Also, how do you count people who are not gamers, but have bought some games as gifts for their gamer friends?

I suppose there very few people who play games regularly (i.e. once per month or more often) and have never ever bought a single game in their life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ana-Maria Stanescu
Romania
flag msg tools
Hi and thank you for your answer!
I need to find out, from the number of people who played a game and enjoyed it, actually made a decision and bought it. I need general statistics, not reference to a particular board game. Do you know any links to such statistics? Also, it would be helpful to find out in general how many adults that tried playing board games, got into them and start to purchase board games and how many thought they are expensive or not worthy enough for their adult life and left the idea.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.