Subject: I can't be the only one wanting a deluxe vertion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Louis D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i know i know, so many deluxe edition already on kickstarter
look, i mostly dont kickstart game, i dont get that urge to own a random game whit over produced components

i much rather have a game i love have a deluxe edition
i dont need a large box, i dont need new rules

but wooden disk and a thick board would look amazing for this game
i would also like the revisiting of the ( side boards ) to integrate more whit the design, perhaps have place on the board for them, ( have 1 main board ) instead of several small ones

that being said i love this game, and i would love a better vertion of it whit all expansion included

on a final note, i only have the first overpriced edition, i saw a image showing that the art on the token got better and the board has more details, that being said, is the board itself thicker ? it's paper thin in my eddition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Felsher
United States
Rancho Palos Verdes
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My wife and I were looking at my collection just yesterday and realizing that this is the only abstract game we like/want/need to have.

A designer edition would be sweet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FPV
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
truep wrote:
My wife and I were looking at my collection just yesterday and realizing that this is the only abstract game we like/want/need to have.

A designer edition would be sweet!

Man, you must have a cool wife. Mine wanted to kill me after introducing this game to her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnston
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been collecting backgammon pieces from thrift stores to make my own deluxe version since they are thick and heavy and have a great feel to them. I will probably just make a 2 player deluxe version with them. You can scan the images of the tokens, use a circle punch to cut them out and then stick them on with mod podge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thrifting backgammon pieces is a great idea! I deluxe-ized my copy with some painted wooden discs, and instead of putting icons on them, we stack neutral discs underneath to indicate rank. My piece alone is a common, my piece with one neutral underneath is heroic, my piece with two underneath is legendary. It takes a minute to learn to read the board, and you have to enforce the limit of three legendary pieces yourself, but other than that it works great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Seidl
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I 100% agree with you on this. I would suggest that you email CGE about this. They might be interested in doing this if enough people contact them.

In the meantime, you can buy an upgrade pack to get thicker cardboard and upgraded artwork. http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/211787

... Cool Stuff also has expansions for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the original version for long enough that I kinda consider the original+upgrade pack to be the deluxe version. Shortly after buying the original version, however, I also created custom player pieces. As a result, I have zero desire for a third version of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Dorward
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this deserves wooden pieces and a wooden board.

Also, arguably, reworking some of the art, given the number of people who find the sexed-up Sylvan deck offputting (though I'm actually more bothered by the Highland deck's fantasy version of vaguely Native American figures).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love a deluxe version.
I always feel this game is kind of forgotten. I love this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shallowz wrote:

It's not forgotten
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I'd prefer bakelite pieces like in Hive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
shallowz wrote:

It's not forgotten

TELL US MORE PLZ!!

What a tease! I can't believe no one is like losing their mind you of all people hinted at this LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boze wrote:
TDaver wrote:
shallowz wrote:

It's not forgotten

TELL US MORE PLZ!!

What a tease! I can't believe no one is like losing their mind you of all people hinted at this LOL

Just to clarify i wasn't hinting at a deluxe edition. I just said the game is not forgotten.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noway Jose
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
Boze wrote:
TDaver wrote:
shallowz wrote:

It's not forgotten

TELL US MORE PLZ!!

Just to clarify i wasn't hinting at a deluxe edition. I just said the game is not forgotten.

LOL you win this round!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My list from a similar thread:

-Painted Wooden discs with engraved and painted iconography for Common and Heroic Units
-Thicker Legends, with raised iconography (instead of engraved), possibly made of stone or ceramic or glass or Bakelite (or wood)
-High quality vinyl board with backing for flat rolling
-Optional wooden board for home use
-Plastic cards with tuckboxes for different decks
-Colored pouches for storing pieces, with a pocket for the faction's tuckbox
-A quiver style bag that holds the rolled board with all other components inside

Best timed with the release of future expansions to minimize having to release future expansions in standard and plastic formats.

My goal is to make the game wholly pub proof here, but also nice and deluxe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick JoJo
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
count me in too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudolf Jovero
United States
Las Vegas
NV
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would love a deluxe edition also. I've been so obsessed with this game recently. I've purchased the expansions and the promo card, plus bags for all of the schools. I would absolutely pay for a deluxe edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What bags for the school
RudyJJ wrote:
I would love a deluxe edition also. I've been so obsessed with this game recently. I've purchased the expansions and the promo card, plus bags for all of the schools. I would absolutely pay for a deluxe edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudolf Jovero
United States
Las Vegas
NV
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nothing official. I just wanted to put my pieces in nice individual bags, so I bought some Microfiber bags from the BGG store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.