Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Mitchell
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to the kickstarter and from what I've seen I haven't come across an explanation for it - what is the purpose of the stamina cubes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Karns
United States
North Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Stamina cubes give you your base number of dice.
1-3 cubes = 1 die
4-6 cubes = 2 dice
The dice are used in any of the events, be they attacks(red) or setbacks(blue). You can get items to add dice to these rolls such as knives (+1 red) and a torch (+1 red and +1 blue).

You can gain stamina while inside in the warmth of the compound by rolling a die, or by starting the bonfire which you can do once 5 cards are in the pile.

You lose stamina while outside at the beginning of each round. In the first phase you lose 1, in the second you lose 2, in the third you lose 3.

If at the beginning of any round you can't lose any stamina, you take a strike. If you take three strikes....you die.

I hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mitchell
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Patrick, thanks for the explanation, that helps tremendously...and certainly adds to my excitement for this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Karns
United States
North Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Glad it helped.

I did forget to mention one small thing about gaining stamina while inside. The boiler has to be working. If the boiler is busted you can't gain stamina while inside. This can happen due to Event cards...and sucks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.