Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew J
United States
Beverly Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone get these as part of their Kickstarter copy of Lisboa? They were one of the Stretch Goals ($325,000) While one can obviously take pieces of the insert out to reach the player boards, those larger spaces for components aren't particularly well suited for storing the different types of goods separately. I haven't seen any pictures featuring the nested trays, so maybe I missed an update that these were dropped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Mock
United States
MELBOURNE
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not get these, either. However, if you look at the Kickstarter page, those were an unlock at a higher level than the project actually raised. To confuse the issue, though, all of the rest of the unlocks were in the box, anyway (even the ones that were also at a higher level than the project raised, with the exception of all of the spot UV, which was ditched early on in the project via a message explanation).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't get any either. Says they raised 400,000 which would have unlocked it. Probably just forgot. Would have been really nice. Found a little divider box to hold my goods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Mock
United States
MELBOURNE
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you get that number? The Kickstarter page says, "2,854 backers pledged $277,597 to help bring this project to life."

edit: Oh, I see it now. The great big banner right below the picture, which says they broke it in worldwide backers. As a side note, I'm known in my group for frantically trying to find something on the table and then someone will say, "Eric, look down."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine early from Origin and mine does not have those either. Unless they are tucked somewhere under a different part of the insert, which I doubt. Wonder how they will handle that. Anyone send an email to them?

Edit: I sent an email asking. I'll update if I get any information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Fisher
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aeroguru1978 wrote:
Anyone get these as part of their Kickstarter copy of Lisboa? They were one of the Stretch Goals ($325,000) While one can obviously take pieces of the insert out to reach the player boards, those larger spaces for components aren't particularly well suited for storing the different types of goods separately.

Not sure how you mean, but I find it highly suited for that purpose. One side of the removable trays has a smaller slot down the side - you put the 1 real coins in there along with 2 of the 4 goods types in the larger boxes. You put the other 2 of 4 in the other removable tray, and that tray is perfectly sized to hold the 10 reis and 5 reis pieces. And then you can even fit them onto the corners of the board.

When you put it away, the plastic cover plus boards, books, and player aids cover it so they don't fly all over the place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United States
Beverly Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
solanthos wrote:
aeroguru1978 wrote:
Anyone get these as part of their Kickstarter copy of Lisboa? They were one of the Stretch Goals ($325,000) While one can obviously take pieces of the insert out to reach the player boards, those larger spaces for components aren't particularly well suited for storing the different types of goods separately.

Not sure how you mean, but I find it highly suited for that purpose. One side of the removable trays has a smaller slot down the side - you put the 1 real coins in there along with 2 of the 4 goods types in the larger boxes. You put the other 2 of 4 in the other removable tray, and that tray is perfectly sized to hold the 10 reis and 5 reis pieces. And then you can even fit them onto the corners of the board.

When you put it away, the plastic cover plus boards, books, and player aids cover it so they don't fly all over the place.

So where do you cram all of your other pieces for storage if you are using up those huge bins with just one set of goods each?

Certainly I can make the current configuration serviceable, but since what was described as being included was...

...and what we have is something else entirely, I was wondering if I was missing something or if it was a design choice or intentional exclusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rose
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
mbmb
aeroguru1978 wrote:
[q="solanthos"]So where do you cram all of your other pieces for storage if you are using up those huge bins with just one set of goods each?

This image shows how I fit everything in after making player bags by swapping out two small bags for a couple slightly larger ones from my extra bag collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
You put starting money and goods in the player bags. Thought about doing that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely didn't get any inserted trays in mine.

On the subject of stretch goals, did we actually get the 'Spot UV' coating? I don't expect it to be as shiny as the demo animation on the campaign page, but I can't discern any different on the box cover or the player board.

Edit: I mean game board, not player board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aganerral wrote:
Definitely didn't get any inserted trays in mine.

On the subject of stretch goals, did we actually get the 'Spot UV' coating? I don't expect it to be as shiny as the demo animation on the campaign page, but I can't discern any different on the box cover or the player board.

I believe they ended up not doing Spot UV because they couldn't do it on the matte surface they wanted for the rest of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They discussed this in update 19 for those who were looking (non-closed update, so pasting in here):

Quote:
The good news is that we are making great progress on the game production and everything is on schedule. The bad news is about the Spot UV varnish which we had hoped to apply to the box and game board. Our printer has told us that the results when they attempted to print, using the UV spot varnish on paper with the usual linen finish, were disastrous. The varnish breaks and we totally lose the quality you (and we) are expecting in the game. The only solution to be sure we reach a good result and deliver the varnish in good condition is to use only Matte PP lamination on the box front and game board, as we have done previously for the Gallerist and Vinhos Deluxe. Unfortunately, the printer did not warn us about this issue when we asked several months ago if they could take on this task. Since avoiding this varnish is the only secure solution, I asked EGG to forget the UV printing for this game and to keep the quality at the standard they are used to delivering. I made this decision along with EGG since we would both rather have the box and board with a nice, beautiful linen finish rather than with a cheaper look from the spot varnish and flat PP lamination. I was the one who pushed the UV Stretch Goal forward, so now I will take full responsibility in the decision of making this change. I hope to have your support of this decision. Best regards -- Vital

So, it's gone, in favour with a better board finish that'll last longer than had they continued with the original plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frigerio
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
|*...******...*|
badge
HEEEEEEEEEELLLP MEEEEEEEEEE..AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
this just got answered by an update. I also just asked about the "missing" trays. The 2 modular trays ARE those trays. they just got redesigned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Urban
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
I, for one, am more than pleased with the physical production of this game. I didn't get metal coins, but the piles-of-pennies counters are novel, and I am not at all sure I'd be happier with metal. I can always steal from Empires: Age of Discovery, really...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep my goods tiles in one section of the tray and all the coins in another. Not having individual sections doesn't bother me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.