GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,043 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
61 
 Thumb up
 Hide
106 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

Too Many Bones for Windows » Forums » General

Subject: Download for Too Many Bones for Windows is NOW AVAILABLE (FOR FREE)! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I am happy to announce that I have officially released my Too Many Bones program for Windows. You can use this program to play Too Many Bones on your Windows PC, completely free of charge, with the approval and support of Chip Theory Games.

I want to give a big shout-out to all my beta testers and particularly my chief beta tester, George (nobody82b), who helped ensure this program would run as bug-free as possible. Thank you!

You’ll want to review the video playlist at http://goo.gl/t1toCk . These videos explain how to use all of the various functions of the program. Pay special attention to Video #1 as this explains the system requirements and how to properly install the program to ensure that you are using the latest version of the program.

You can visit http://goo.gl/nHU4et if you would like to watch a full solo playthrough and tutorial aimed at a newcomer to Too Many Bones. You can also visit http://goo.gl/UGBU9E if you would like to watch a seasoned adventurers playthrough and strategy discussion with George and me involving 4 Gearlocs vs. Gendricks.

The files you will need in order to install the program can be found here:
http://goo.gl/xF5nds
.
(If you aren’t going to watch Video #1 for the installation instructions, you can find the step-by-step installation instructions below.)
Important: Most likely, when you download the files, they will be compressed automatically into a single ZIP file. I recommend you decompress the files using the following method:
1. Double-click the single compressed ZIP file (it’s icon is that of a folder with a zipper on it).
2. Double-click the folder you now see called Too Many Bones.
3. Press Ctrl+A. (This will highlight all the files in the folder.)
4. Press Ctrl+C. (Nothing will appear to happen though you’ve just copied all the files.)
5. Press the Back Button (the Left Arrow in the top left corner of your toolbar) twice. (You should now be back in your temporary folder containing the single ZIP file.)
6. Press Ctrl+V. This will decompress and paste all 5 files into your temporary folder along with the single ZIP file. Assuming this worked, you can now delete the single ZIP file and proceed using the 5 decompressed files.

Take note of the timestamp of the file “Too Many Bones.exe.” I will be updating this specific file on a relatively frequent basis. You will want to return to the files link above periodically to be certain you’re always running the latest version of the program.

In spite of all the testing we have done over the past several months, the more people that try out the program, the more likely it is that additional bugs will crop up. If you do happen to encounter a bug, it would be helpful if you familiarized yourself with how to go about filing a bug report. This topic is discussed in Video #14.

If you have general comments, questions, or problems, please post them on the BGG forum for Too Many Bones (http://goo.gl/ixiCKr). That way, everyone can benefit from the Q&A and the discussion.

If you can, consider pledging just $1 per month to support my effort to maintain and improve this program going forward:
visit http://www.patreon.com/LarrySchneider.

Let me know of any questions or problems you might have. Most of all, enjoy!

Larry Schneider
TooManyBonesProgram@gmail.com
BGG User: schnel
______________________________

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Windows Vista or better (preferably Windows 7 or 10)
Install to local hard drive (not a network drive)
Minimum Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS (Or visit http://goo.gl/t1toCk to see a video walkthrough of the installation)
1. Download the files from http://goo.gl/xF5nds to a temporary folder on your computer. Take note of the timestamp of the file Too Many Bones.exe.
2. Double-click the SETUP program (NOT setup.lst).
3. If User Account Control interrupts and asks if you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes..., click YES.
4. When the Welcome to the Too Many Bones window appears, click OK.
5. Click the large icon in the upper left corner of the window to accept the default setup folder and start the installation.
6. When the Choose Program Group window appears, click CONTINUE.
7. During the installation process, you may see a window that indicates that a file being copied is older than the file already present on your computer’s hard drive. You will want to keep the version you have and not overwrite it with the older version.
8. When the installation process is finished, click OK.
9. IMPORTANT: Copy the Too Many Bones program file (the file with the gold “Bones” icon) from the temporary folder you created to the installation folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\Too Many Bones and overwrite the older version of the file with the new version.
10. Periodically, return to the link shown in step 1 above to see if the timestamp of the Too Many Bones.exe file is newer. If it is, download the newer file and redo step 8 above to ensure you’re running the most recent version of the program. You do not need to run the setup program again unless you have uninstalled the program from your computer and wish to reinstall it.
11. In the installation folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Too Many Bones, click the Too Many Bones executable file to start the program. At the top of the Setup window, be sure you’re running Too Many Bones Version 2.2.0 or later. If you’re running an older version, you need to quit and ensure you properly performed step 8 above.
12. If you wish, once you’ve successfully installed the latest version of Too Many Bones on your computer, you can delete the temporary folder and the 4 files you downloaded in step 1. Also, feel free to create a shortcut on your Windows desktop to the program. (If you don’t know how to do that, watch Video #1 to get help.)

8/5/2017
To get around the problem some people are experiencing with their saved files location, I just uploaded version 2.2.4.

This version of the program (and, of course, all future versions) will now allow you to create the file SAVEPATH.TXT in your installation folder (default: c:\program files (x86)\Too Many Bones).

This text file should contain the path to the alternate folder where you would like your Too Many Bones saved files to be stored. I recommend you create a folder in your Documents folder called Too Many Bones and enter that path in the SavePath.txt file.

Thus, for example, if your username was Larry, then this path (for most people) would be as follows:

C:\Users\Larry\Documents\Too Many Bones

You would enter this text in the file SavePath.txt. The program will then save all of your TMB files in that folder instead of the default folder c:\program files (x86)\Too Many Bones\Saves.

You can open your Documents folder and click in the white space of the address bar to verify the path to your Documents folder in case you're unsure what it is.

The easiest way to create the SAVEPATH.TXT file is to open your installation folder where the Too Many Bones.exe file is located (presumably, it's c:\program files (x86)\Too Many Bones), then right-click on the white (blank) space of that folder, then left-click New, Text Document. Then enter the name of the file as SavePath (do NOT type SavePath.txt because Windows will automatically append .txt to to the name SavePath that you type in--it doesn't matter whether you type SavePath, SAVEPATH, or savepath...it all means the same to Windows).

Once you've successfully created this file, double-click it to open it and type in your new save folder name in the first line of the file and save it.

To make sure you did all of this correctly, run the Too Many Bones program and RIGHT-click the Save button in the top right corner. The program will confirm where your Too Many Bones files are now being saved.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdulla AlKendi
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Larry!

Here is the installation video

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
badge
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
First off... so far VERY NICE... Well done. As a former VB3,4,5,6 developer (and now .NET), I'm impressed with what you've done!

A few suggestions from the first launch and play.

1. Either lock the main window from being able to enlarge (disable maximize button) OR (better) make the screen self adjust on resize. You can set a minimum size (as it is now) and then on enlarge -- for those of us with standard HD screens -- things get bigger.

2. Use color coded buttons for the Gearloc switching. Had a bit of a time finding the radio buttons.

3. Make buttons all the same size to present a cleaner interface. Auto sizing to the text result in harder to find items.

4. Your code makes an assumption of the version of Acrobat that's installed. So the help/guides etc don't launch for me (and probably many). If possible just launch the PDF file directly and let Windows direct to the default application setup for PDFs.

Again, nitpicks, but nice work so far. Like being able to play on my lunch breaks.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
klkitchens wrote:
First off... so far VERY NICE... Well done. As a former VB3,4,5,6 developer (and now .NET), I'm impressed with what you've done!

A few suggestions from the first launch and play.

1. Either lock the main window from being able to enlarge (disable maximize button) OR (better) make the screen self adjust on resize. You can set a minimum size (as it is now) and then on enlarge -- for those of us with standard HD screens -- things get bigger. :)

2. Use color coded buttons for the Gearloc switching. Had a bit of a time finding the radio buttons.

3. Make buttons all the same size to present a cleaner interface. Auto sizing to the text result in harder to find items.

4. Your code makes an assumption of the version of Acrobat that's installed. So the help/guides etc don't launch for me (and probably many). If possible just launch the PDF file directly and let Windows direct to the default application setup for PDFs.

Again, nitpicks, but nice work so far. Like being able to play on my lunch breaks. :)


Thanks.

1. I initially wrote the program so that the maximize button and window resizing were disabled. That turned out to cause some problems with certain systems during testing so I decided for the moment to leave it as is. Maybe someday I'll "restore" to its original locked state. I considered allowing resizing of the window at different times to take advantage of higher resolutions, but the effort involved in doing so didn't outweigh the effort needed to make sure the program worked bug-free.

4. Ditto re: PDF handling. For what it's worth, if you watch video #14, it explains how to "tell" the program what PDF reader you're using and where to find it.

Larry
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
klkitchens wrote:
4. Your code makes an assumption of the version of Acrobat that's installed. So the help/guides etc don't launch for me (and probably many). If possible just launch the PDF file directly and let Windows direct to the default application setup for PDFs.


Just to clarify further...it would be easy enough for me to use the default Windows PDF reader when accessing the guides. But since it was necessary to have the user specify where to find the guides, I decided to simply let the user define where to find the PDF reader EXE as well. I might change that someday, too (i.e., using the default reader).

LS
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Sua
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great for playing solo and learning the characters. thanks.

I was trying to send you a bug report but cant seem to find where it saves the file. I am using 64bit Win10 machine and the file doesnt show up in the directory you stated in the video. "C:/Program Files(x86)/TooManyBones"

Its easy enough to recreate the error: If picket has all his active slots full and you mouse over a skill die that has been rolled or in the roll area you get a Runtime error 9.

I have also had his skill dice 1 dissapear and whenever you mouse over the blank slot you get the same error code

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Cant
England
Retford, Notts
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also getting a lot of the runtime error 9: out of range - also using picket

killblue2 wrote:
This is great for playing solo and learning the characters. thanks.

I was trying to send you a bug report but cant seem to find where it saves the file. I am using 64bit Win10 machine and the file doesnt show up in the directory you stated in the video. "C:/Program Files(x86)/TooManyBones"

Its easy enough to recreate the error: If picket has all his active slots full and you mouse over a skill die that has been rolled or in the roll area you get a Runtime error 9.

I have also had his skill dice 1 dissapear and whenever you mouse over the blank slot you get the same error code

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdulla AlKendi
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got two error 9 and once the baddie roll area wasn't available. I've noted down some details and will send to Larry.

I was using Patches.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
killblue2 wrote:
This is great for playing solo and learning the characters. thanks.

I was trying to send you a bug report but cant seem to find where it saves the file. I am using 64bit Win10 machine and the file doesnt show up in the directory you stated in the video. "C:/Program Files(x86)/TooManyBones"

Its easy enough to recreate the error: If picket has all his active slots full and you mouse over a skill die that has been rolled or in the roll area you get a Runtime error 9.

I have also had his skill dice 1 dissapear and whenever you mouse over the blank slot you get the same error code



The Options file can be found in C:/Program Files(x86)/TooManyBones\Saves.

I'll look into the issue you described above. For these other situations though, hopefully, someone will send me a bug report so I can pin down why it's happening.

L
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
badge
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
schnel wrote:
killblue2 wrote:
This is great for playing solo and learning the characters. thanks.

I was trying to send you a bug report but cant seem to find where it saves the file. I am using 64bit Win10 machine and the file doesnt show up in the directory you stated in the video. "C:/Program Files(x86)/TooManyBones"

Its easy enough to recreate the error: If picket has all his active slots full and you mouse over a skill die that has been rolled or in the roll area you get a Runtime error 9.

I have also had his skill dice 1 dissapear and whenever you mouse over the blank slot you get the same error code



The Options file can be found in C:/Program Files(x86)/TooManyBones\Saves.

I'll look into the issue you described above. For these other situations though, hopefully, someone will send me a bug report so I can pin down why it's happening.

L


Folder for the game is actually: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Too Many Bones" and there is no SAVES subfolder there. I've looked in several likely places to no avail...

Later versions of Windows use different folders, so it may be there, but so far, nada... But it IS saving my game somewhere!!!

Found it!

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Too Many Bones\Saves

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
klkitchens wrote:
schnel wrote:
killblue2 wrote:
This is great for playing solo and learning the characters. thanks.

I was trying to send you a bug report but cant seem to find where it saves the file. I am using 64bit Win10 machine and the file doesnt show up in the directory you stated in the video. "C:/Program Files(x86)/TooManyBones"

Its easy enough to recreate the error: If picket has all his active slots full and you mouse over a skill die that has been rolled or in the roll area you get a Runtime error 9.

I have also had his skill dice 1 dissapear and whenever you mouse over the blank slot you get the same error code



The Options file can be found in C:/Program Files(x86)/TooManyBones\Saves.

I'll look into the issue you described above. For these other situations though, hopefully, someone will send me a bug report so I can pin down why it's happening.

L


Folder for the game is actually: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Too Many Bones" and there is no SAVES subfolder there. I've looked in several likely places to no avail...

Later versions of Windows use different folders, so it may be there, but so far, nada... But it IS saving my game somewhere!!!

Found it!

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Too Many Bones\Saves


You should check your permissions to access your hard drive. Things get saved in a VirtualStore subfolder such as this when you don't have administrative rights. Are you possibly running with a user account with parental controls or one that does not have administrative privileges?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
killblue2 wrote:
This is great for playing solo and learning the characters. thanks.

I was trying to send you a bug report but cant seem to find where it saves the file. I am using 64bit Win10 machine and the file doesnt show up in the directory you stated in the video. "C:/Program Files(x86)/TooManyBones"

Its easy enough to recreate the error: If picket has all his active slots full and you mouse over a skill die that has been rolled or in the roll area you get a Runtime error 9.

I have also had his skill dice 1 dissapear and whenever you mouse over the blank slot you get the same error code



This particular bug is now fixed in version 2.2.2 (already uploaded). It was a typo that might explain some of the other similar problems that are being reported.

The missing skill die 1, however, would not be caused by this bug. So it would be really helpful if you undid all the way back to just before you received the message and then sent me a bug report. I'd then be able to easily reproduce it and fix it right away.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
badge
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
schnel wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
schnel wrote:
killblue2 wrote:
This is great for playing solo and learning the characters. thanks.

I was trying to send you a bug report but cant seem to find where it saves the file. I am using 64bit Win10 machine and the file doesnt show up in the directory you stated in the video. "C:/Program Files(x86)/TooManyBones"

Its easy enough to recreate the error: If picket has all his active slots full and you mouse over a skill die that has been rolled or in the roll area you get a Runtime error 9.

I have also had his skill dice 1 dissapear and whenever you mouse over the blank slot you get the same error code



The Options file can be found in C:/Program Files(x86)/TooManyBones\Saves.

I'll look into the issue you described above. For these other situations though, hopefully, someone will send me a bug report so I can pin down why it's happening.

L


Folder for the game is actually: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Too Many Bones" and there is no SAVES subfolder there. I've looked in several likely places to no avail...

Later versions of Windows use different folders, so it may be there, but so far, nada... But it IS saving my game somewhere!!!

Found it!

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Too Many Bones\Saves


You should check your permissions to access your hard drive. Things get saved in a VirtualStore subfolder such as this when you don't have administrative rights. Are you possibly running with a user account with parental controls or one that does not have administrative privileges?


LOL, no. I'm admin on my machine with full rights. Not a newbie to this stuff.

EDIT: It's a Windows Security feature around since Vista days.

You'd have to hack the system's default behavior and permissions to make it write in the wrong place now.

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2325762,00.asp

No reason to not leave it the way it is and it's been unnoticeable since programs all just work fine.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
klkitchens wrote:
schnel wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
schnel wrote:
killblue2 wrote:
This is great for playing solo and learning the characters. thanks.

I was trying to send you a bug report but cant seem to find where it saves the file. I am using 64bit Win10 machine and the file doesnt show up in the directory you stated in the video. "C:/Program Files(x86)/TooManyBones"

Its easy enough to recreate the error: If picket has all his active slots full and you mouse over a skill die that has been rolled or in the roll area you get a Runtime error 9.

I have also had his skill dice 1 dissapear and whenever you mouse over the blank slot you get the same error code



The Options file can be found in C:/Program Files(x86)/TooManyBones\Saves.

I'll look into the issue you described above. For these other situations though, hopefully, someone will send me a bug report so I can pin down why it's happening.

L


Folder for the game is actually: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Too Many Bones" and there is no SAVES subfolder there. I've looked in several likely places to no avail...

Later versions of Windows use different folders, so it may be there, but so far, nada... But it IS saving my game somewhere!!!

Found it!

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Too Many Bones\Saves


You should check your permissions to access your hard drive. Things get saved in a VirtualStore subfolder such as this when you don't have administrative rights. Are you possibly running with a user account with parental controls or one that does not have administrative privileges?


LOL, no. I'm admin on my machine with full rights. Not a newbie to this stuff.


You might check to see if UAC is causing this to happen. Otherwise, if you google VirtualStore, you might find another explanation as to why your files are getting saved there. On the other hand, if everything's working, then there's really nothing you need to do. As long as you know where to find your saved files if that's ever necessary (e.g., to submit a bug report).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
badge
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
schnel wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
schnel wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
schnel wrote:
killblue2 wrote:
This is great for playing solo and learning the characters. thanks.

I was trying to send you a bug report but cant seem to find where it saves the file. I am using 64bit Win10 machine and the file doesnt show up in the directory you stated in the video. "C:/Program Files(x86)/TooManyBones"

Its easy enough to recreate the error: If picket has all his active slots full and you mouse over a skill die that has been rolled or in the roll area you get a Runtime error 9.

I have also had his skill dice 1 dissapear and whenever you mouse over the blank slot you get the same error code



The Options file can be found in C:/Program Files(x86)/TooManyBones\Saves.

I'll look into the issue you described above. For these other situations though, hopefully, someone will send me a bug report so I can pin down why it's happening.

L


Folder for the game is actually: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Too Many Bones" and there is no SAVES subfolder there. I've looked in several likely places to no avail...

Later versions of Windows use different folders, so it may be there, but so far, nada... But it IS saving my game somewhere!!!

Found it!

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Too Many Bones\Saves


You should check your permissions to access your hard drive. Things get saved in a VirtualStore subfolder such as this when you don't have administrative rights. Are you possibly running with a user account with parental controls or one that does not have administrative privileges?


LOL, no. I'm admin on my machine with full rights. Not a newbie to this stuff.


You might check to see if UAC is causing this to happen. Otherwise, if you google VirtualStore, you might find another explanation as to why your files are getting saved there. On the other hand, if everything's working, then there's really nothing you need to do. As long as you know where to find your saved files if that's ever necessary (e.g., to submit a bug report).


Yep... just figure you need to know since you're telling people the non-standard location where most of them won't find their stuff. So they need to know where Windows puts it normally.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
klkitchens wrote:
schnel wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
schnel wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
schnel wrote:
killblue2 wrote:
This is great for playing solo and learning the characters. thanks.

I was trying to send you a bug report but cant seem to find where it saves the file. I am using 64bit Win10 machine and the file doesnt show up in the directory you stated in the video. "C:/Program Files(x86)/TooManyBones"

Its easy enough to recreate the error: If picket has all his active slots full and you mouse over a skill die that has been rolled or in the roll area you get a Runtime error 9.

I have also had his skill dice 1 dissapear and whenever you mouse over the blank slot you get the same error code



The Options file can be found in C:/Program Files(x86)/TooManyBones\Saves.

I'll look into the issue you described above. For these other situations though, hopefully, someone will send me a bug report so I can pin down why it's happening.

L


Folder for the game is actually: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Too Many Bones" and there is no SAVES subfolder there. I've looked in several likely places to no avail...

Later versions of Windows use different folders, so it may be there, but so far, nada... But it IS saving my game somewhere!!!

Found it!

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Too Many Bones\Saves


You should check your permissions to access your hard drive. Things get saved in a VirtualStore subfolder such as this when you don't have administrative rights. Are you possibly running with a user account with parental controls or one that does not have administrative privileges?


LOL, no. I'm admin on my machine with full rights. Not a newbie to this stuff.


You might check to see if UAC is causing this to happen. Otherwise, if you google VirtualStore, you might find another explanation as to why your files are getting saved there. On the other hand, if everything's working, then there's really nothing you need to do. As long as you know where to find your saved files if that's ever necessary (e.g., to submit a bug report).


Yep... just figure you need to know since you're telling people the non-standard location where most of them won't find their stuff. So they need to know where Windows puts it normally.


Thanks! That's helpful. :)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdulla AlKendi
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
schnel wrote:
This particular bug is now fixed in version 2.2.2 (already uploaded).


Will my saved game be affected by this update?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
alkendi wrote:
schnel wrote:
This particular bug is now fixed in version 2.2.2 (already uploaded).


Will my saved game be affected by this update?


No.
No update to the program will ever affect saved games from earlier builds or prevent them from being loaded.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sophos antivirus keeps giving me a warning saying there's a virus in the exe. Obviously there isn't but I can't put it on my laptop for now. 🙁
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
badge
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
murteas wrote:
Sophos antivirus keeps giving me a warning saying there's a virus in the exe. Obviously there isn't but I can't put it on my laptop for now. 🙁


You cannot add an exception?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to figure out if I can, but it is a work laptop so probably not,. So no lunchtime too many bones. 😩
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Granollers
Barcelona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
any plans for IOS version?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
crusher100 wrote:
any plans for IOS version?

None whatsoever at my end.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
badge
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
schnel wrote:
crusher100 wrote:
any plans for IOS version?

None whatsoever at my end.


Shame is. If your code was open source with tools like Xamarin and Unity you're so close. Someone else could take the ball and run.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
schnel wrote:
killblue2 wrote:

I was trying to send you a bug report but cant seem to find where it saves the file. I am using 64bit Win10 machine and the file doesnt show up in the directory you stated in the video. "C:/Program Files(x86)/TooManyBones"


The Options file can be found in C:/Program Files(x86)/TooManyBones\Saves.

I'll look into the issue you described above. For these other situations though, hopefully, someone will send me a bug report so I can pin down why it's happening.

L


Folder for the game is actually: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Too Many Bones" and there is no SAVES subfolder there. I've looked in several likely places to no avail...

Later versions of Windows use different folders, so it may be there, but so far, nada... But it IS saving my game somewhere!!!

Found it!

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Too Many Bones\Saves


I am also running into the runtime error 9 messages.
I also can't find the save folder. I've looked in both places mentioned above.
(If I could get this stupid Windows Explorer to search and actually find files I know exist, I might be able to find this one.)
I pressed the UNDO button to go back, but the program shut down.
I went back in and pressed UNDO again and am at the image below.
Then I did CTRL-b to report the bug. Named it something like "just gave Nugget a DEF die".
This image is just before the error, but when I went through the steps again, it didn't give the error.



I had just rolled 1 Def die to add to Def stat. Got bones, so after this image, added Dex stat die. Then rolled Def die again. Did not get bones, so added Def stat die. That's when I received the error.

Hope it helps!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.