W*m L**naerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When multiple players are on top of the price-quality ladder and there are for example 2 spaces between them and the lowest player on the ladder, then the top players have to give up 2 tents per site to the lowest player. That means that player can get much more tents than he can place.
Can he freely choose which tents to place and which tents to pass the next ranked player (possibly the original owner)? Or does he have to distribute them evenly?

Concrete example:
[i]Green and blue are on top of the ladder together, yellow is three steps down.
Both green and blue have to give up 2 tents per site to yellow and let's assume both have 4 sites. This means they both have to give 8 tents to yellow if possible.
Yellow only has capacity for 4 tents. Can he take only tents of blue (because he's winning for example) and pass the green tents back to the green player or does he have to take two tents from blue and two from green?
I supposed he can freely choose (giving him more tactical decision space) but the rules should explicitly mention this.

The example in the rule book is badly chosen because my situation is mentioned there but because there aren't any gaps in the rule book example there are 0 tents to be divided. Yeah, that was obvious already Questions arise when there are spaces between the players...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Willem van Dijk
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Re: Multiple players on top of price-quality ladder: how to distribute the tents?
They're distributed evenly, as they're not yellow's to give, but autonomous guests choosing where to stay.
Also if 5 guests need to be distributed over two campgrounds the youngest player gets three
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.