United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I've been going back and forth between a few games:
-Clank!
-Viticulture
-Great Western Trail
-Lewis and Clark

I am looking for something soloable but also that my wife and I can play on the weekend. I know that Great Western Trail and Clank are mainly 2+ players, but I've seen solo variants for GWT and there is the app for Clank.

Length of play is also a factor. I've heard that Lewis and Clark, GWT and Viticulture can run a bit long. If this weren't an issue, I think I would lean towards Viticulture, but my wife prefers games around 60-90 min max. For this reason, I've been focusing on Clank!, but some of the reviews I've seen say that it is not as good as people have made it out to be. That being said, I have watched gameplay videos and it does seem like something that would be up our alley.

Our current favorites are Lords of Waterdeep, Blood Rage, Terraforming Mars, Hit Z Road and Tiny Epic Galaxies. I also like Dawn of the Zeds and Robinson Crusoe solo, but my wife isn't a huge fan of either.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Agricola? Or any other game with low to none player interaction that's just focused on collecting VP, pretty sure a lot of those can be soloed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ruby
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both Viticulture Essential Edition and Lewis & Clark, and my main gaming is with my wife. Both games are very good, and should play in 60 to 90 minutes at 2 player count. Viticulture is a really good game, that my wife loves. Tuscany Essential Edition really adds a lot to Viticulture, but it also adds some time to the game. I really like Lewis and Clark, but the wife does not like it as much, because I usually beat her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Lewis and Clark

One of my wife and I's favorite game to play against each other. Sometimes we even throw in the solo dummy player when we play a 2 player game. It gives us someone else to compete against along with each other and its happened a few time, not often, to where either my wife or I are lagging behind so we will give up and help/root for the other to beat the dummy player but usually the race is really close all the way to the end. Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.