Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to get others interpretations on the use of envelopes.

Where it lists what can be put onto the envelopes is it saying that only one of the listed items can be put onto it, not multiple items (for example if I put 1 gold onto an envelope I wouldn't be able to put a quest onto the same envelope)

The use of the word "or" in the sentence structure leads me to believe only 1 item can be sent.

Just wanted to make sure im interpreting it correctly before our first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rikkert Keldermann
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hi,

I had the same question. I read it as you van put one of each on the envelope. On page 4 it states the other player can collect its contentS (plural) implying multiple items, not?

Awaken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
South Lake Tahoe
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is clear you can only put one item in the envelope, and my thoughts on the use of "contents" are two-fold:
1. there is a letter in the envelope explaining what is given, and thus "contents" is used to refer to everything in the envelope.
2. Typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rikkertkeldermann wrote:
On page 4 it states the other player can collect its contentS (plural) implying multiple items, not?

No, "contents" is generally used in the plural form whether there is just one item or several items. You say "the contents of the envelope" rather than "the content of the envelope" even if there's only one item in the envelope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rikkert Keldermann
Netherlands
flag msg tools
In that case I think its indeed only 1 item max. Best and fastest way to trade is be in party in which you can give 1 item each turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
rikkertkeldermann wrote:
On page 4 it states the other player can collect its contentS (plural) implying multiple items, not?

No, "contents" is generally used in the plural form whether there is just one item or several items. You say "the contents of the envelope" rather than "the content of the envelope" even if there's only one item in the envelope.

This.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.