16 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: PBF Anyone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Dara
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello everyone! I'm currently modding a PBF on BGG for T13 and I was hoping someone might have interest in modding one for me to join (selfish, I know) but I plan on hosting a game after my current one completes (right now we've entered turn 3) and this would secure you a seat in that next game! Let me know if you have any interest and I'll make sure you know everything you need to know. Lastly, it will be a bit of work so if you won't ever have the time it's OK to not sign up. I do want to say though that modding is very fun in its own way (like watching a game without being creepy, also omnipotence is cool) and I find it rewarding.

Hope someone shows interest. And happy gaming everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R H
United States
Bethany
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the last (and only) PBF of TI3 I did lasted about 9 months, and was awesome.

I cannot offer the service of modding, but I would gladly participate as a player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davis
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I very much want to learn how to mod a PBF game but I'd kind of hoped to play in one first so as to have some idea of what's going on.

But if nobody better comes along I'll take a whack at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ter Ter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have information of what kind you use, sure. I GM'ed (modded) a lot games when there was ti3wiki alive So would start to do again, just did not get to getting stuff ready to do it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for all the offers... below is a long message I wrote to adammal,

Vassal is a software (free) that I use to post map updates every few days. It's user friendly once you get over a bit of a learning curve. You can see what the result looks like in my PBF game I'm hosting, which is in full-swing right now...

All cards (political and action) are handled by Google Sheets (in-browser excel). Every player got sent a link to their spreadsheet individually so they cannot see other players hands... Then there is a Google Sheet 'Master' document which I use to track the decks. In the master document one column has the card names and next to that is a column of random numbers (auto-generated) (this is so you can 'shuffle' simply by sorting the list by the random number column.

That's about it... Moderating games take time (depending on the game) TI will probably last 6+ months. I also mod Star Wars: Rebellion and War of the Ring games, which take about one month of moderate activity. Mistakes happen from players, so occasionally you will have to make a 'fair' executive decision to avoid arguments and keep the game moving. Mods also make mistakes, so sometimes you just gotta make a fix and say your sorry. I've never gotten into a situation that was not possible to resolve (most active players on BGG are real great people).

Please let me know if you are still interested and I'll send you a link to a generic 'Player Spreadsheet' and 'Master Spreadsheet'. Also look into Vassal (widely used for online board gaming). Thanks for considering this, hope to hear from you soon!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q89WlV_vH0-Ghz8cCY7I...

And there is the link to a 'master document', not too fancy... Once anybody is willing to start the process feel free and post about it and we'll begin filling the seats. Getting pumped!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
mbmbmb
Any takers!? I could help set the game up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ter Ter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, i will mod one.
Here the post:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26656446#26656446

Steve one spot reserved for you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
Arghh missed another one..
One more game anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.J.
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wolfcry91 wrote:
Arghh missed another one..
One more game anyone?

What do we need to make TI4 PBF a thing? All the cards and objectives and agendas are out, as well as racial abilities. the planets are pretty much the same, as far as I understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twilight Imperium 3rd - Forever
mbmbmbmbmb
I am up for a TI3 PBF as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.J.
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adammal wrote:
Someone to make a VASSAL mod?

Vassal is not necessary, I believe. I think all we need is a good spreadsheet that has all the action and objective cards, and a good image file (something like this would be ideal, but we can do with a lot less, before we had it in in AGoT we used a GIMP file that you can find here)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
mbmbmb
Well I'd like to take a moment and pre-register for a seat in a TI4 Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
Turn the right corner in Sin City...
badge
...and you can find anything.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheV0791 wrote:
Well I'd like to take a moment and pre-register for a seat in a TI4 Game

Me too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.J.
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I started working on a spreadsheet for playing TI4 by forum or email. We would still need a GIMP file for the board (as was discussed in this thread). Here's what I have for now, happy hear any suggestions:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BB_omPV6Or-qsGDf_-Fy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.