Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Kell
United States
Lino Lakes
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all I want to share my excitement about attending my first con and I'm bringing my best friend along. It's a 9 hour drive to Grand Rapids MI from my suburb of Minneapolis MN. we have plenty of stuff to talk about and prototypes to work on during the drive but I'm wondering about 2 player game suggestions that could be played with passenger and driver in the car. I would prefer something where we are working together but anything works for me and I'm certainly open to suggested adaptations of games but would like to spend less than $50 if getting a new game for this.

Also can someone post a link to the spot on this site where cons are discussed? Specifically Grand Con. (I'll edit this part out of the post after someone posts it)

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't help you out on your request, but I am considering going to this. Unfortuantely it's in the DeVos Center so I might burst into flames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Conventions get discussed here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/32/boardgamegeek/conventions

but not sure if there is a special spot for GrandCon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about 2p games with a driver, I feel this is crazy dangerous especially going near Chicago and Gary. FYI the construction on I-94 is ugly.

stormseeker75 wrote:
I can't help you out on your request, but I am considering going to this. Unfortuantely it's in the DeVos Center so I might burst into flames.

Why would you burst into flames? It's not as easy as the Crown Plaza was, but the venue is much bigger and will be better to accommodate the crowd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kell
United States
Lino Lakes
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Vospire wrote:
Not sure about 2p games with a driver, I feel this is crazy dangerous especially going near Chicago and Gary. FYI the construction on I-94 is ugly.

I was thinking of the types of games where the main part is storytelling or something like that so that the driver can focus on the road but also be contributing to the game in a meaningful way without needing to look at anything else.

Also we are north of the cities in Lino Lakes so we will be taking 694 to skip past the construction (unless you meant somewhere else)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Giller
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant Chicago/Gary area on I-94

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kell
United States
Lino Lakes
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Vospire wrote:
I meant Chicago/Gary area on I-94

My bad! I just assumed it was a general warning about those places. You know, because it's the Chicago/Gary area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
The only game I can think of that is specifically designed for road trips is Cow Tiger Santa Claus. In fact, the designers of the game will be at GrandCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.