Popular Tags: [View All]
Per Sylvan
Sweden
STOCKHOLM
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
G'day
Just had one game behind me, but it seems that the Romans are very susceptible to being cut off and lose loads of troops in attrition/starvation. Is it not so that at any point that all three other players conspire to throw down the Ro.ans, then in any one turn you can always cut them off? No? I just feel that no one else has that crucial weakness that the Romans do? Thank you for your th oughts on the subject!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perry wrote:
G'day
Just had one game behind me, but it seems that the Romans are very susceptible to being cut off and lose loads of troops in attrition/starvation. Is it not so that at any point that all three other players conspire to throw down the Romans, then in any one turn you can always cut them off? No? I just feel that no one else has that crucial weakness that the Romans do? Thank you for your thoughts on the subject!!
Sure, just like any other faction will get absolutely devastated if the other three factions conspire against them.
But for the record, no, they cannot be cut off in any turn though they will need to divert forces to guard their own supply lines if they think others won't do it for them.

EDIT: And the question is, why would all other factions work together against the Romans? If they are winning then of course they need to be careful, but otherwise it is not in anybodies interest to stomp one faction. Much better to spend that effort evenly against all other factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, it's easy in any of the COIN games to sandbag one faction to almost 100% prevent their victory (or, at least, stall for 1-2 campaigns). However, one of the other factions always benefits more than the others. Here, the Arverni would get the most use out of eliminating Roman forces, since one of their victory conditions involves the non-presence of Legions on the map. Being ahead, all they have to do is throw Allies onto the map and they're set for a win.

With this, it's important to see that just because you can beat one player to a pulp, doesn't mean you necessarily should.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.