Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Viox
United States
Gretna
NE
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm looking at both games and can't decide which one I want to get first. I know both games offer something different, but would like your opinion on which one to get first. Thanks for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manba Rion
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When I'm in doubt in situation like this I have only one correct answer: BOTH!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, I ordered both of them but MD hasn't arrived yet. I'll let you know when it does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam "Rolling Solo" Smith
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Play or interested in the growing world of solo play? Check out youtube.com/RollingSolo
mbmbmbmbmb
Manba Rion wrote:
When I'm in doubt in situation like this I have only one correct answer: BOTH!

Correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Klinton
Sweden
Mölnlycke
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From my experience CMON games are quite streamlined/easy, if that is your thing then go MD. If you want a deeper experience go S&S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
If you only want something pretty casual go Massive Darkness.

Otherwise S&S is the superior game if you want something meaty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
If you only want something pretty casual go Massive Darkness.

Otherwise S&S is the superior game if you want something meaty.

This was my sense as well. I late pledged S&S after pledging MD. Don't have my MD yeg though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Johnson
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They both scratch a different type of gaming itch, although they are both dungeon crawls. MD is lighter, easier rules to grasp, and lots of baddies to wade through. However, the campaign system is meh.

S&S is much more detailed and in depth with regard to character development, and the rules are more of a challenge to get your head around. You won't be fighting hordes of monsters; but, their AI is more detailed, and differs based on the type and level of monster that spawns.

There is a story line to S&S, with objectives which are revealed as you go through the missions. So, I'm not sure if there is as much replayability in S&S as there probably is with MD. With the monster and treasure deck combinations in MD, you can be fairly certain that each game will be a little different.

Bottom line is - you'll want both eventually. It's just a matter of which type of gaming experience you want to have first. I have S&S and am waiting on my copy of MD. I probably will start with MD while I'm waiting for my wave 2 stuff to arrive for S&S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Viox
United States
Gretna
NE
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.