Subject: 6 co-op questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco M
Italy
Schio (VI)
Italy
flag msg tools
Hi there! I've been playing Onirim in co-op, and I found some gaps in the rulebooks. I'll try to write all the questions that I came across while reading the rulebook.
I think I have the answers to some questions (which are not answered in the rulebook though), while I hope someone can clarify the others.

1. Are the Failsafe Book cards shared?
Not specified, but I would say yes because you can play with only one, therefore it has to be shared.

2. If the Dark Premonition that makes the players discard their hand is triggered, do they have to discard the Shared resources and both personal resources and then draw new hand like at the beginning of the game?
That's how I play it, but that's only because it seems more elegant and similar to the other DPs. If only the active player has to discard his hand then this would be only DP that would affect only the active player. Hope it makes sense.

3. Are the Denizens shared?
Don't know, I'm only sure that they can still be used at any time, therefore in your partner's turn too. Still, this has to be answered, because if I decide not to communicate with my partner I need to know if I can use the Denizens she rallied.

4. Denizens can be played at any time, so if I use an Architect during my partner's turn and the card I play is the third of a set, do I get the Door?
No idea.

5. Assuming that a Mirror is explored by the active player, is it possible to give the Doors obtained through Mirrors to the partner?
The rules only says "put [the Door cards] into play", so I'm not sure.

6. In order to win each player must have at least one Door of each colour. Can the Door to the Oniverse be considered as one of them?
No idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CygnusBlack wrote:
1. Are the Failsafe Book cards shared?
Not specified, but I would say yes because you can play with only one, therefore it has to be shared.

Not specified, play as you wish. I personally have the failsafe cards always in the box; it just feels too easy with these.

CygnusBlack wrote:
2. If the Dark Premonition that makes the players discard their hand is triggered, do they have to discard the Shared resources and both personal resources and then draw new hand like at the beginning of the game?
That's how I play it, but that's only because it seems more elegant and similar to the other DPs. If only the active player has to discard his hand then this would be only DP that would affect only the active player. Hope it makes sense.

Yes, shared resources are part of your hand. If you discard your hand, for any reason, you have to discard the shared resources.

CygnusBlack wrote:
3. Are the Denizens shared?
Don't know, I'm only sure that they can still be used at any time, therefore in your partner's turn too. Still, this has to be answered, because if I decide not to communicate with my partner I need to know if I can use the Denizens she rallied.

No, Denizens are kept (sic) in front of you when you discard a card, thus they cannot be shared. That's my interpretation.

CygnusBlack wrote:
4. Denizens can be played at any time, so if I use an Architect during my partner's turn and the card I play is the third of a set, do I get the Door?
No idea.
Denizen cards give a special ability to the player who has rallied them. So, if you have rallied them, it's you who can benefit from them. I would say that they can be used during your own turn only.

CygnusBlack wrote:
5. Assuming that a Mirror is explored by the active player, is it possible to give the Doors obtained through Mirrors to the partner?
The rules only says "put [the Door cards] into play", so I'm not sure.
Since you are the active player, the door is played in front of you.

CygnusBlack wrote:
6. In order to win each player must have at least one Door of each colour. Can the Door to the Oniverse be considered as one of them?
No idea.
This is similar to Door to Oniverse and Dark Premonitions. I would say that no, you still need one of each basic color and one player should also have the door to the Oniverse. You can consider it as "any" color in order to open it, but after that, it reverts to just being... the door to the oniverse!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco M
Italy
Schio (VI)
Italy
flag msg tools
Thanks for your reply, but I think I wasn't clear with question 2. The options to resolve the DP are:

* Discard the active player's personal resource and the shared resource or
* Discard both players' personal resources and the shared resource (and then draw 8 cards like at the beginning of the game) (this is what I would do)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CygnusBlack wrote:
Thanks for your reply, but I think I wasn't clear with question 2. The options to resolve the DP are:

* Discard the active player's personal resource and the shared resource or
* Discard both players' personal resources and the shared resource (and then draw 8 cards like at the beginning of the game) (this is what I would do)
There's a reason that "private" cards are called "private". When you get hit by something, it's your own turn, not your partner's. Thus, the inactive player's private cards are never discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.