Hide
2 Posts

Plaid Hat Games» Forums » General

Subject: Their email registration seems to have been hacked. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pat Mccrotch
msg tools
I'd report this to the proper person but the 'contact' button on the site doesn't work either.

I registered to ask a question and checked my client for the verification email. In the space of me going between my browser and email client... I had four other services/sites telling me to reset my password, check it, or verify it. Those were services that use the email I'd just entered into the Plaid Hat page. Bang - there they were... then the Plaid Hat verification mail comes to me.

So as soon as I'd entered my info it was at those other sites and a bot tried to access my accounts. If you have registered there, I strongly advise you go check for any other strange "reset your password" or "verify your email" messages after.

An easy way to see which of your email accounts have been hacked
https://haveibeenpwned.com/
This is usually an eye opener for people, but don't panic. Just go create real passwords and make sure you're okay.

Good Luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sending you a geekmail about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.