Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandre Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
To those in whom the will has turned and has denied itself, this our world, which is so real, with all its suns and milky-ways — is nothing. [A.Schopenhauer]
mbmbmbmbmb

Am I reading right... When you buy a Merchant card, you add it to your hand? My experience with deck-building games made me think that acquired cards would need to "placed in front of me" along with the cards that are already played, to be picked up later by the "rest" action. Even the text under "Rest" seems slightly ambiguous...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Mortensen
Ireland
Navan
Meath
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solipsiste wrote:

Am I reading right... When you buy a Merchant card, you add it to your hand? My experience with deck-building games made me think that acquired cards would need to "placed in front of me" along with the cards that are already played, to be picked up later by the "rest" action. Even the text under "Rest" seems slightly ambiguous...

Newly acquired merchant cards go into your hand. It's true that in many deck builders, newly acquired cards go in the discard pile, but in Century: Spice Road they go into your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
To those in whom the will has turned and has denied itself, this our world, which is so real, with all its suns and milky-ways — is nothing. [A.Schopenhauer]
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you for confirming.

Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Deckbuilding games do as you describe. Handbuilding games, on the other hand – and Century is one of them –, do as the rules describe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Agreed, Pierre, but I was asking because in the rules, in French as much as in English, they refer to deck building under the "Rest" action, saying this action was the way for one to create an engine by deck building it. Just wanted to be sure. After playing a few games, it understand why it goes into your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.