7 Posts

Time of Crisis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movment cost rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Lundin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Definitions section Hispania and Africa is considered to be adjacent. Does this mean that moving an army from one to the other only cost one point or do you have to move one to the sea and then in to the province for a cost of two?

//Markus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It means you can move from Hispania to Africa or vice versa for 1 cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolino Paperino
Italy
FORLI
flag msg tools
I just started to read the rules. At page five there is an example of movement from Africa that seem to me wrong: Africa is adiacent to Mare Orientale and Oceanus Atlanticus so why the army in africa had to move 4 times to go to Britannia and three times to Asia ? Africa-Oceanus atlanticus-Britannia (2 steps) and Africa-Mare Orientale-Asia (2 steps) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Ferrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zomas wrote:
I just started to read the rules. At page five there is an example of movement from Africa that seem to me wrong: Africa is adiacent to Mare Orientale and Oceanus Atlanticus so why the army in africa had to move 4 times to go to Britannia and three times to Asia ? Africa-Oceanus atlanticus-Britannia (2 steps) and Africa-Mare Orientale-Asia (2 steps) ?

You are correct that there are less expensive ways to perform those movements. The examples were meant to reinforce the movement rules, not to show the most efficient path to the destination. Mainly we wanted to show that an army could move across multiple sea and land zones in a single move. In hindsight it appears this was more confusing than helpful...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Lundin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tempus42 wrote:
It means you can move from Hispania to Africa or vice versa for 1 cost.

Thank you. Looking forward to get this game to the table on tuesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Nichols
United States
Monument
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So then Gaul to Britain would cost 2 movement becuase of the North Sea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Ferrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tntpiper wrote:
So then Gaul to Britain would cost 2 movement because of the North Sea?

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.