4 Posts

Blood Rage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sea serpent rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roozbeh Salehi
Iran
msg tools
If i have sea serpent monster(this monster counts as a ship) and want invade whit this monster,should i pay 2 rage or 3?and if i play a ship upgrade card,can i invade it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When you invade, you pay the strength, so you pay 3.
OR
You can play a ship upgrade by paying 2 rage, and do a free invade with the serpent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toddpark75 wrote:
OR
You can play a ship upgrade by paying 2 rage, and do a free invade with the serpent.

I was under the impression that the cost of an upgrade was its strength? So the serpent costs 3 to upgrade to? I don't own the game but have played 2 different people's copies independently and that's how they played. But they could both be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
Jjdelanoche wrote:
toddpark75 wrote:
OR

I was under the impression that the cost of an upgrade was its strength? So the serpent costs 3 to upgrade to? I don't own the game but have played 2 different people's copies independently and that's how they played. But they could both be wrong.

Ship Upgrades cost 2 Rage. A Ship has STR 2.

Sea Serpent Upgrade costs 3 Rage. A Sea Serpent has STR 3. A Sea Serpent counts as a Ship.

When an Upgrade for a Figure is played, you always get a subsequent Invasion (as part of the same Action) of said Figure type for free.

Since a Sea Serpent counts as a Ship, when you play a Ship Upgrade you can also use the free Invasion to put a Sea Serpent on the board. So effectively, you have paid 2 Rage for it in that situation.

However, when performing a normal Invasion Action, a Figure always costs Rage equal to its STR as default (unless stated otherwise like the Leader, Dwarf Chieftain, and Soldier of Hel). So a Sea Serpent would cost 3 Rage in that situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.