Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Mogul» Forums » Rules

Subject: Points for depots rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello and greetings from Denmark

Can anyone please confirm if this is the way to count depot points as long as they are in the same branch?


1 depot 1 point
2 depots 4 points
3 depots 9 points
4 depots 16 points

Thank you very much!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Akebono wrote:
Hello and greetings from Denmark

Can anyone please confirm if this is the way to count depot points as long as they are in the same branch?


1 depot 1 point
2 depots 4 points
3 depots 9 points
4 depots 16 points

Thank you very much!
:)

Here is a quote from the third page of the English rules (with bold as written).

DETERMINING THE WINNER

Now each player earns the following bonuses (move players’ depots on the scoring track accordingly):

• For each depot marker on a station space the owner earns as many dollars as he has depots on this entire rail network.



and it is followed by this example (equal sign misplaced as written).

Example

A player has 3 depots on the blue rail network. He earns 3 dollars per depot. Thus: (3+3+3=) 9 dollars earned in total for the blue rail network for this player.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
Akebono wrote:
Hello and greetings from Denmark

Can anyone please confirm if this is the way to count depot points as long as they are in the same branch?


1 depot 1 point
2 depots 4 points
3 depots 9 points
4 depots 16 points

Thank you very much!

Here is a quote from the third page of the English rules (with bold as written).

DETERMINING THE WINNER

Now each player earns the following bonuses (move players’ depots on the scoring track accordingly):

• For each depot marker on a station space the owner earns as many dollars as he has depots on this entire rail network.



and it is followed by this example (equal sign misplaced as written).

Example

A player has 3 depots on the blue rail network. He earns 3 dollars per depot. Thus: (3+3+3=) 9 dollars earned in total for the blue rail network for this player.




Or in short: "Yes".
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paulo and Tomello!

Thank you very much for your (very fast!) reply!

I have the game and I read the manual but I still wasn't sure... I saw a tutorial in Youtube that stated that depot points were "exponential" and I suppose that, that was the meaning of it!.
Thank again!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Akebono wrote:
I saw a tutorial in Youtube that stated that depot points were "exponential" and I suppose that, that was the meaning of it!.

Trying to explain simply, the growth pattern 1, 4, 9, 16 is "exponential" becuase each step increases by a rising amount

Compare to 2, 4, 6, 8 which would be an example of a "linnear" increase, where each step remains equal.


(draw those as lines on a graph and see the difference)


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course...

I just wanted to confirm my interpretation of "exponential"

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
Akebono wrote:
I saw a tutorial in Youtube that stated that depot points were "exponential" and I suppose that, that was the meaning of it!.

Trying to explain simply, the growth pattern 1, 4, 9, 16 is "exponential" becuase each step increases by a rising amount

Compare to 2, 4, 6, 8 which would be an example of a "linnear" increase, where each step remains equal.


(draw those as lines on a graph and see the difference)





Oops. That's not exponential. That's quadratic. Exponential means that any two sequential terms have the same ratio, e.g. 1,2,4,8,16,32,...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Akebono wrote:
Of course...

I just wanted to confirm my interpretation of "exponential"

Thanks!


They were wrong.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
TVis wrote:
Akebono wrote:
I saw a tutorial in Youtube that stated that depot points were "exponential" and I suppose that, that was the meaning of it!.

Trying to explain simply, the growth pattern 1, 4, 9, 16 is "exponential" becuase each step increases by a rising amount

Compare to 2, 4, 6, 8 which would be an example of a "linnear" increase, where each step remains equal.


(draw those as lines on a graph and see the difference)





Oops. That's not exponential. That's quadratic. Exponential means that any two sequential terms have the same ratio, e.g. 1,2,4,8,16,32,...

I accept that there may be a strictly mathematical definition, while conversationally it may also be understood in a less formal manner. I did not assign the term here, the outside video did.


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Luis L.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, David: mathematics has never been my best friend

Can you, please, fill the blanks, then?

1 depot: xx points
2 depots: xx points
3 depots: xx points
4 depots: xx points

Thank you very much!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Akebono wrote:
Ah, David: mathematics has never been my best friend

Can you, please, fill the blanks, then?

1 depot: xx points
2 depots: xx points
3 depots: xx points
4 depots: xx points

Thank you very much!!!


No, you were right from the beginning, he was just fixing the mathematical name of the thing...shake
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
pfctsqr wrote:
TVis wrote:
Akebono wrote:
I saw a tutorial in Youtube that stated that depot points were "exponential" and I suppose that, that was the meaning of it!.

Trying to explain simply, the growth pattern 1, 4, 9, 16 is "exponential" becuase each step increases by a rising amount

Compare to 2, 4, 6, 8 which would be an example of a "linnear" increase, where each step remains equal.


(draw those as lines on a graph and see the difference)





Oops. That's not exponential. That's quadratic. Exponential means that any two sequential terms have the same ratio, e.g. 1,2,4,8,16,32,...

I accept that there may be a strictly mathematical definition, while conversationally it may also be understood in a less formal manner. I did not assign the term here, the outside video did.




Well, since you were comparing exponential and linear and giving examples, it appeared you were pursuing a mathematical explanation. So I assumed you wanted the explanation to be mathematically correct.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.