Hide
8 Posts

River Dragons» Forums » General

Subject: Does the Giant version really solve most of the fiddliness? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant F.
msg tools
Just curious as a review really slammed this game for the easily moved stones. Seems like accidents are unavailable as one tries to place the planks or remove them.

If the Giant version solves this problem then it is a good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Flight
United States
Boulder
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We believe it does. I would never play the original because everything is unstable. We love the giant version which does not suffer from the instability issues

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oiler1 wrote:
Just curious as a review really slammed this game for the easily moved stones. Seems like accidents are unavailable as one tries to place the planks or remove them.

I've only played the giant version but four first time players had no issue regarding this. Components are beautiful.

Now o thought the game itself was decent and my wife didnt like so I sold it. But if you like the game then the giant edition should be great for you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant F.
msg tools
Good to know the Giant version is not fiddly. Only concern is that is it quite expensive for a light playing game. Are the components excellent?

Is the board also double sided?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Flight
United States
Boulder
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We think the components are great. The board is fabric, not card board and is huge. So an issue can be table space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Sellers
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Try again later!
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can one find this giant version? I checked a few places and it seems to be out of stock everywhere!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant F.
msg tools
In Europe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Oiler1 wrote:

That review was horrible.

He slammed the pieces around carelessly on purpose just to prove his point. No one has this amount of problems with the game.

If a plank has two others on top of it, if you take it straight up like he did, of course everything's gonna move everywhere. If you take it sideways and be just a little careful, there's next to no problems and no, the stones don't move everywhere all the time. That seems obvious to everyone but him. If my 7 years old butter-fingered daughter had no problems with the game, i struggle to understand how he can have so much.
Any mistake can be easily corrected in mere seconds.

Is this totally fiddly-less? Of course not. But if anyone played x-wing miniatures, then River dragons in comparison has absolutely zero problems with things getting knocked out of place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.