9 Posts

Sub Terra» Forums » Rules

Subject: rope - does it remain in play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ugo Greevy
msg tools
mbmbmb
when you place a rope do you leave it in play and players must use a skill action to use it or is it always two actions whenever anyone wants to go up/down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Heath
Indonesia
Surabaya
flag msg tools
badge
My YouTube channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvB0rnW5_Aq0SjMT4PKQOYg
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always played that once the rope is placed it stays and therefore normal movement through the tile. I don't recall anything in the rules saying it's a one time use only,though to be fair I have only used the prototype rules so there may have been a change during the manufacture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, once you place a rope it stays in play and movement across that tile becomes normal for everyone. Be warned - IIRC there are more tiles that need rope than there are ropes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugo Greevy
msg tools
mbmbmb
thanks for the clarification - played for the first time last night and wasn't 100% sure - We still all died though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dolch Jokke
msg tools
There are 6 tiles which need ropes and you have 6 ropes. If you look exactly you will see there are 2 sorts of ropes. 3 vor every tile

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Brigge
Czech Republic
Havirov
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you have one of the copies like I have which has only 15 harmless tiles and 4 ledge tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
Fun or Bust!
badge
Owns one of the good FLGSs :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
maltebrigge wrote:
Unless you have one of the copies like I have which has only 15 harmless tiles and 4 ledge tiles.

I have the same. 3 slides and 4 ledges. We died at the exit because we were out of rope because the 4th ledge came up one tile before the exit....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Hubble
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've nabbed a rope out of an unwanted copy of Cluedo... might decide to leave the set with one rope too few as an unintended extra difficulty though I was thinking about a house rule where the place rope action can be used to remove rope so it can be re-used elsewhere. Haven't tried it yet though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fsumarc wrote:
I have the same. 3 slides and 4 ledges.
The 4th ledge is a misprint, instead it should show an normal corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.