Popular Tags: [View All]
Rasmus Wulff Jensen
Denmark
Åbyhøj
Århus
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
This is a print-and-play fan-expansion for T.I.M.E Stories.

Download:
You can download the various versions of the cards by clicking here

Print instructions
- Choose you print size (A4 or US-Letter)
- For "Normal Print": Print all pages, cut out the cards and fold them
- For "Duplex Print": Set you printer to print on both sides on the paper (NB: Not all printers support this)
- (Optional: You can put cards in sleeves for finishing touch but not a requirement)

Single or Duplex - What to choose?
Depends on various factors. Single page print will give you the most pretty looking cards (unless you have a very high-end printer) but it will use double the amount of paper and will take longer to cut and fold. Duplex is the fast way to get cards with minimal work and use of paper - it also have the benefit of giving less spoilers while printing as front and back of a card is not on same page. You do however need a printer that can print this way (not all can). Also most normal home and small business printers can't do duplex printing with high precision (only high-end printer can) so if you choose duplex you are likely to see a small misalignment of front/back of the cards (still playable but that is why the single print give best result with more effort)

Spoiler warning before you start printing:
Unfortunately printing these cards give a rather big spoiler about the scenario that might confuse you into thinking you have the wrong files somehow. There is unfortunately no way around it so i think the best way to deal with this is you read the following spoiler below.

Spoiler about the scenario - Should only be read by the person printing the cards:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

This scenario take place in 2 timelines. A 1905 timeline and a Sci-fi timeline.
That is the reason some of the location names and images do not fit a 1905 era.
It will all make sense when you play and happen fairly early during first run so it is not a big deal-breaker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There are serious problems with the American size paper duplex file. It looks fine as a pdf. It prints about 1/3rd of the pages wrong. I tested it on multiple machines and multiple printers. I did not test the A4 version. I will send the author more details. In the mean time, I recommend using the non-duplex version.

It is a very good scenario btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Wulff Jensen
Denmark
Åbyhøj
Århus
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
INeverGame wrote:
There are serious problems with the American size paper duplex file. It looks fine as a pdf. It prints about 1/3rd of the pages wrong. I tested it on multiple machines and multiple printers. I did not test the A4 version. I will send the author more details. In the mean time, I recommend using the non-duplex version.

It is a very good scenario btw.

2 questions about the issue:

1. Are you able to correctly print some of the others Fan scenario in duplex without issues? (My issue is being from Europe and not having access to print in Letter Format. If other can't print either it might be a PDF or printer issue

2. Can you take a picture how the papers are wrong an post the photo here to better understand

PS: Glad to hear you got to play anyway and liked the Scenario :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Update on printing the American Duplex version:

1) Printing from Windows via Sumatra PDF works.

2) Printing from Linux using Chrome's built in PDF viewer, or from Evince Document Viewer does not work. I tested this against multiple printers of different brands.

To further the diagnosis, can someone try printing pp9-10 from the American Duplex version on:
* Linux using a different PDF viewer
* Windows using Chrome (not installed on my box)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.