Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Switching Powers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Baramon
msg tools
Is it possible to switch hero power cards only when you reach new soul level and is it possible to change generic talents?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kand Affar
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Not per the rules at this time. Simone has revealed there will be an Act II card to let you change your powers at a heavy price.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Baramon wrote:
Is it possible to switch hero power cards only when you reach new soul level and is it possible to change generic talents?


You can reskill your hero visiting the wizardry tower, available in Darkness Falls (act II), the same building can be used to recharge artifacts.
Another "more painful" way is dying and resurrect
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
Simone Romano wrote:
Baramon wrote:
Is it possible to switch hero power cards only when you reach new soul level and is it possible to change generic talents?


You can re-skill your hero visiting the wizardry tower, available in Darkness Falls (act II), the same building can be used to recharge artifacts.
Another "more painful" way is dying and resurrect


so Kroghan, for example, starts with 0 power cards and has access to them on level 2,3,5 while a lot of other characters only have access to 2 of their unique powers through an entire game. Am I missing something here?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Baramon wrote:
Simone Romano wrote:
Baramon wrote:
Is it possible to switch hero power cards only when you reach new soul level and is it possible to change generic talents?


You can re-skill your hero visiting the wizardry tower, available in Darkness Falls (act II), the same building can be used to recharge artifacts.
Another "more painful" way is dying and resurrect ;)


so Kroghan, for example, starts with 0 power cards and has access to them on level 2,3,5 while a lot of other characters only have access to 2 of their unique powers through an entire game. Am I missing something here?


That seems low. Most heroes start with a power and get one at every level up (sometimes a generic). Your soul gem says the number of unique powers you should have at your level, plus a generic power for every *. It seems like the average is 3 unique powers at level 4 and 5 at level 7.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
but hold on it doesn't really fits with what is written on page 25 left bottom corner of a rulebook or does it?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The number means how many personal power cards you have total + you get 1 talent per *.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
But hold on it rule book page I shows said opposite of what you saying, cos as per page 24 * Powers hero can acquire but as per page 25 they must take generic talent card when there they reach new soul level and * is there.

It's either rules written fiddly or I'm just not getting it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Baramon wrote:
But hold on it rule book page I shows said opposite of what you saying, cos as per page 24 * Powers hero can acquire but as per page 25 they must take generic talent card when there they reach new soul level and * is there.

It's either rules written fiddly or I'm just not getting it.


You're just not getting it. The above example makes it very clear. At Soulrank 2 (roman numeral) the hero has 3 (arabic numeral) powers. At soulrank 3 (roman numeral) the hero has 3 (arabic numeral) powers and 1 (it shows one *) talent. Just understand that the arabic numerals and the # of * are two seperate things.

Regards, Gorkar
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
It's good to be wrong in this case, thanks for making it clear but again rules are fiddly written because they don't say you get a new talent card in addition to your power card. But thanks for making it clear.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Baramon wrote:
It's good to be wrong in this case, thanks for making it clear but again rules are fiddly written because they don't say you get a new talent card in addition to your power card. But thanks for making it clear.


No problem. But the rules say so explicitly. Read the "Note:"-part at the bottom of the picture again.

Regards, Gorkar
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
But Paragraph above doesn't say explicitly it and adds more confusion because it says: Each power card must be chosen ... unless * is icon appears.... in this case new power must be selected from generic talents

So language wise I do see a problem because there UNLESS is used and nothing says explicitly that talent card is an addition to the regular hero power card. I'm picky yes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Baramon wrote:
But Paragraph above doesn't say explicitly it and adds more confusion because it says: Each power card must be chosen ... unless * is icon appears.... in this case new power must be selected from generic talents

So language wise I do see a problem because there UNLESS is used and nothing says explicitly that talent card is an addition to the regular hero power card. I'm picky yes.


As I said, read the "Note"-part at the bottom again. "Note: The number only indicates Standard Power cards, Talent Power cards are identified by the *"

Emphasis mine.

Regards, Gorkar
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Lo
msg tools
mbmb
After I leveled up, if I don't find a power that I want, can I save it for later to get the more powerful power (e.g. the one with a high level requirement)?

If not, how about if I used the wizardry tower suggested by Simone?
(You can reskill your hero visiting the wizardry tower, available in Darkness Falls (act II), the same building can be used to recharge artifacts.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
alvinltlo wrote:
After I leveled up, if I don't find a power that I want, can I save it for later to get the more powerful power (e.g. the one with a high level requirement)?

If not, how about if I used the wizardry tower suggested by Simone?
(You can reskill your hero visiting the wizardry tower, available in Darkness Falls (act II), the same building can be used to recharge artifacts.)
No to the first one, yes for the second you can respect to powers you couldn't originally obtain.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Blackdakis
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorkar wrote:
Baramon wrote:
But Paragraph above doesn't say explicitly it and adds more confusion because it says: Each power card must be chosen ... unless * is icon appears.... in this case new power must be selected from generic talents

So language wise I do see a problem because there UNLESS is used and nothing says explicitly that talent card is an addition to the regular hero power card. I'm picky yes.


As I said, read the "Note"-part at the bottom again. "Note: The number only indicates Standard Power cards, Talent Power cards are identified by the *"

Emphasis mine.

Regards, Gorkar


Couldn't be more clear than this.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.