Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for the highest resolution image file for the map, preferably the AE map but the 2e map should do. I believe it's markings and layout are the same?

Would the java client be a good source to look? I wasn't able to find a hi-res image of the AE map.

It can't be a picture taken of the map, or an angled shot. I'd like to use it as a source for a tweaked printout of the AE map I'm planning to make to have it printed on either vinyl or neoprene (mouse mat material).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to dash cold water on your plans, but that's going to be problematic from a copyright standpoint. Middle Earth Enterprises is very protective of their IP. This is the reason you do not see hi-res map image files floating around out there. Ares has to be very careful as their license is most likely extremely restricted. I would also hate to see them get in hot water with the Tolkien folks and not be able to do any more Middle Earth based games. I would also wager you will have a hard time getting a shop to print a map of ME out for you, for the same reasons. But I could be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bulger
United States
Fuquay-Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
You can't sell the map or profit from it.

You can do it yourself if you have access to a 300dpi flatbed scanner and photoshop program. Link/overlay the image scans together to make the map and print them yourself on 13 x 19 paper or take them to a sign shop and have them print them on 3M or Fuji with UV overlay. Lots of printing options once you have a completed image.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d stern
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Did you end up finding something? I had a similar idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sternda wrote:
Did you end up finding something? I had a similar idea.

No. The Java client doesn't have a hi-res map image and the author I sent a message to did not reply. What technology is used to scan a map as big as the AE edition's map? Some sort of flatbed scanner? Who offers a service such as this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
More info here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1316155/so-i-wanted-new-map
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.