Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale C
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Washington's War and felt it was too abstract and parted with it I played 1776 and felt it was too simple, then obtained Leader counters and played the campaign but again felt that something was amiss and did not think it was truly the campaign game I had wished for. Based on all my reading this is looking like the game to get? Are there any others out now or coming in the future that would be a great grand strategy game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kreder
United States
Nuevo
California
flag msg tools
Founder of the The Wargame Bootcamp (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/962)
badge
My hero Grumpy Bonaparte
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't gotten to play End of Empire yet, but I have read the rules and read the reviews and think it is going to be a very good game.

Another I have played once that I thought was pretty good was The American Revolution: Decision in North America this was published in Strategy & Tactics organically but is now printed as stand alone zip lock game from Decision games.

It not only deals with the war, but had card events for the Political events. The Map covers most of the Caribbean as well so you are dealing with more than just the 13 colonies.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Daglish
United Kingdom
Cheadle
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought The American Revolution: Decision in North America had the crudity typically associated with mag games. A likely British tactic would be to flood the theatre with troops, and whereas I suspect this is possible in the game it wouldn't have been in real life due to expensive commitments elsewhere. Also the inevitable & unstoppable political slide seemed wrong, as this was by no means the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.