1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Big Trouble in Little China: The Game» Forums » General

Subject: Six Demon Bag rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And now they tease one more trinket that I can only pray will make it to retail (David LoPan must be running the company-LOL)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Free with pre order? Does that mean we get it if we ordered it already? Or only if you've already ordered it?

Also I can't make Gencon, can a friend pick it up for me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
West Orange
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
demonllama wrote:
And now they tease one more trinket that I can only pray will make it to retail (David LoPan must be running the company-LOL)

"INDEED"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry just to clarify, if we pre-order this from https://bigtroublegame.com/ we will be getting the Six Demon Bag also?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
West Orange
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sevenspiral7 wrote:
Sorry just to clarify, if we pre-order this from https://bigtroublegame.com/ we will be getting the Six Demon Bag also?

Thanks!

At this time, this is a Gen Con only promo. However, if you pre-order and see us at Gen Con OR pre-order AT Gen Con we will give you the bag with the cards.

If we have more left over after Gen Con, we will do our best to get them out to the fans!

Thanks so much for your support!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph K
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't say I'm a fan of convention exclusives. I've preordered on day 1, but there is simply no way for most europeans to obtain this.
Well, at least it's not offering new gameplay features though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbatarlis wrote:
sevenspiral7 wrote:

Thanks!

At this time, this is a Gen Con only promo. However, if you pre-order and see us at Gen Con OR pre-order AT Gen Con we will give you the bag with the cards.

If we have more left over after Gen Con, we will do our best to get them out to the fans!

Thanks so much for your support!

Chris

Added a stop to my Con!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Manes
United States
Chico
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terrific.

Six demon bag.

Sensational.

What's in it, Egg?

[Edit: Not only does it say on the bag already, but I was ninja'd by a comment on the image ]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Chris, you might want to consider running additional copies of at least the cards for the pre-order people. Gameplay related elements are what people mostly care about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Hey Chris, you might want to consider running additional copies of at least the cards for the pre-order people. Gameplay related elements are what people mostly care about.
Actually, i'm something of a completest, when I buy a game, I have to have the whole thing, and I hate paying ebay scalpers. unfortunately, budget requirement dictate that I wait for this to hit my FLAGS, which means I will miss out on the Delux material and this Demon Bag. maybe I should consider just skipping buying this game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh.... Exclusives are the worst.

I've already preordered and I'm irritated this isn't included in the 100 dollar deluxe edition.. Off-putting is a good word for it.

Hope these get worked into the preorder..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Polioliolio wrote:
Not the worst, just annoying for those of us who cannot attend conventions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Polioliolio wrote:
Not the worst, just annoying for those of us who cannot attend conventions.
..and/or have a "gotta have everything" mindset.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Be Excellent To Each Other
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel this would be an ez throw in to any existing pre-orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OliverOil wrote:
Probably pretty easy, but it goes against the thinking of "exclusive convention promos" in the same way that "exclusive pre-order bonus items" are not available to those that did not pre-order.

Remember lesson number three: Life is not fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
OliverOil wrote:
Probably pretty easy, but it goes against the thinking of "exclusive convention promos" in the same way that "exclusive pre-order bonus items" are not available to those that did not pre-order.

True. When I saw the email about the con exclusive I immediately realized this isn't going to go well for those that can't attend the con. I can see the value of exclusives to generate sales, but its a sticky subject for those that miss out. I know on my own projects its been a hard thing to work out. Generally non-gameplay exclusives get less anger, especially if you can supply digital versions later like scenarios, stories, etc.

I'm a bit of a completionist myself though I've been trying to fight that urge. Sometimes you just aren't going to have it all. One of the reasons I no longer collect blind purchase games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Be Excellent To Each Other
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
OliverOil wrote:

Who judges whether life is fair? Who defines fair? My life has been fair. I'm just saying they could easily order another box of demon bags and throw them in the existing pre-orders. Who cares if its supposed to be exclusive or not? Plenty of con-exclusives become available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Villa
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All you are doing is enabling scalpers to resell on ebay for obscene prices for an item your customers want to pay you for and have a chance to get and enjoy with the game.

I would pre-order the game from you if this was included with the pre-order, but if not, I am just going to wait and buy it from an online reseller for a much reduced price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Adding my voice to the annoyed. I pre-order within an hour of the preorder going up I was so excited for the game and now to find that some gameplay elements are going to be unavailable just because I can't attend a convention. Seriously I'd rethink that approach, the bag is fine or something that's just cosmetic but something with actual gameplay is just backstabbing your international fans who can't even make it to the convention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a mild case OCD (obsessive completionist disorder) and one way I help myself is to try hard not to get worked up over convention exclusives. Taking control of my reactions is healthy for me.

Not everyone is in the same situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Comstock
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
SeerMagic wrote:
Free with pre order? Does that mean we get it if we ordered it already? Or only if you've already ordered it?

Also I can't make Gencon, can a friend pick it up for me?

I too have this question. I couldn't get off work for Gencon but I have friends going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
West Orange
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, All Above

We hear you and are taking all of your words and feedback into consideration! We will evaluate all of the costs etc... and see what we can do

Gen Con is very important (and expensive) for our small company so we need to build excitement! That doesn't mean we don't care about all pre-orders

As we said, after Gen Con, we will see what we can do for everyone. I can't make any promises yet (Gotta check Costs ...etc...) But we will do our best by the fans, as we always do.

We're considering all options and we understand the needs of the completionist! (I'm a completionist too! )

Thanks for your patience and we hope to see as many of you as we can at our booth at Gen Con! (#1457)

Thanks very much!

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave MacK
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Chris.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cool I am a completist who hates exclusives. On another thread I decided to Pre Order (my very first one from an old gamer) after I did more research, and Chris said he had not decided upon an exclusivist policy for the elements of the Pre Order Edition. That's the best I can expect for future BTILC products, and I'll be happy either way with the bag and cards. But they can always decide to make it available, so that's nice.

More stuff is good! As another noted above, I'm also mostly interested in things that effect actual game play. Then again, they could sell this cheaply later through the bgg store if they need to do it that way, as many other companies do! I've gotten a number of game promos that way in the last couple of years.

Good luck at the Con, Chris!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If costs are the only factor, I would be willing to pay "a reasonable amount" for one. I cannot afford to go to GenCon but I can spring for a cool looking bag and some cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.