Nippel Hack
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG showed us the trickster combat board in the expansions preview. And in the rules you can see the mystic combat board.

But what about the other two?
I'm really curious about the warrior combat board, because it uses the same combat tokens that were in the base game.

So please share some pictures!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maad McCarthy
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your in luck. My copy just arrived 10 minutes ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nippel Hack
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much!

Looks like the 4 types are really different foes. Nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And boy, do they play differently; it really mixes things up from just one standard set of enemy tokens.

I've found in some cases you'll run across situations where the next action the enemy takes is not entirely optimal (like doing something else first when it already has enough skulls to immediately defeat you), but at the same time I really like that they emulate the strategies each type of enemy would likely take.

It's pretty genius how these these boards have been designed because they stick to a pretty decent AI approach that, while they may occasionally give you a slight advantage, also include a few bonuses to make up for the lack of an intelligent human opponent making the decisions (like Warrior types always adding +1 skull to their attacks, or Mystic types adding +1 shield if they're defending against Magic damage from Heroes).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.