Ryan Pergent
Poland
flag msg tools
Hello Everyone

I developed a fighting card game called Brawl Master this week. The game is playable online here:

https://brawlmaster.notecompanion.com/

I need feedback and also just to get the game out there to see if people enjoy it modest

Once you create a room, you'll find a "send feedback" button, but you can also leave comments on this thread.

Here is the game pitch that you can find on the website:

"In Brawl Master, each player controls a fighter with the goal of knocking the opponent out. Cards represent various attacks, parades and dodges. As they attack and defend themselves, players' characters shift their weight from side to side and get tired, changing the cards players are allowed to use as well as the optimal strategy."

Hope you guys will like it and let me know if you have any questions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adriano Big
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
I don't get it. I choice a card, I click "ready" but nothing happen.
It divinely need some more explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Pergent
Poland
flag msg tools
Hi,

It's a 2 players game, the cards will show when both players click "Ready" on their card . You cannot play alone.

Apart, from that, the game is an early prototype so there is no automation. You will have to resolve the turns manually after the cards have been revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Pergent
Poland
flag msg tools
I added some feedback to make that more clear.

These are the stuff I knew I would need but having playtesters helps figuring out priorities. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Pergent
Poland
flag msg tools
I added an interactive tutorial to the page, that should allow you have a peek at the game even if you have no one to play with

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kell
United States
Lino Lakes
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I played through the tutorial and think that the game could be a lot of fun. Do players frequently run out of breath before the other players lose consciousness? If that is the case, maybe the breath meter should be bigger. Interested to see where the game goes from here. I don't currently have anyone to play against but I will certainly try to play someone soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Pergent
Poland
flag msg tools
Nice! I really hope you'll get to play against someone soon

spicyqueso15 wrote:
Do players frequently run out of breath before the other players lose consciousness?

Actually, the real game starts when players are low on breath. The beginning of the game is mostly about how fast players will get into this situation and who will be ahead when they do. It's quite hard to predict an opponent move at this point and it's more about preparing for the second phase while managing risk.

Once breath is low, movements become much more predictable and the real mind game starts. You start feeling like you can accurately tell what will be your opponent's next move, and even plan their move few steps ahead. This is for me the best part of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kell
United States
Lino Lakes
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, one of my fellow gamers is really excited about the game. I'll see if I can play him tomorrow. I sent you some feedback on the site too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iggn Hes
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gone through the tutorial and think this could really be loads of fun. Also seeing much potential with the chaining and announcing part. Have to play it against someone to get the real feel though. Keep it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Pergent
Poland
flag msg tools
Thank you so much for the feedback. It's getting me super excited

I'm happy to announce that I implemented the automatic update of the values. I also changed consciousness with a value that goes from 0 to 10, to damage, with a value going from 0 to 10 (10 = KO)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.