Han Seo
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.
Just played my first game.
I was wondering if you can do the "Force Workers" action and on another turn during the same round can do the "Supply" action?
I think you can, as the "Force Workers" action is a "Free" action, and the "Supply" action is a "Place a Worker" action.

In the last era, I didn't have enough water tokens to do the "Supply" action let alone any workers, but after getting more workers through the "Force Workers" action, I could use the building that I had to get more water, which was enough to do the Supply action.
Basically I wanted to know if I could squeeze out 2 more points.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skipper 2206
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time you do a "supply" or "force workers" action, ALL your worker are wake up... And they can't return to sleep before the end of the era.

So you don't need to wake up workers twice or more on the same round.

(Actually you can do it (with nobody to wake up) if you want to gain points nearby end of game)

Edit : the last part of my response answer your question, yes you can do it for 2 more pts (even if there is nobody to wake up)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far, I've been playing that these are both a single action spot, but you have a choice of how to do it. But once you've done it, it's blocked for the round.

But I'd very much like an official answer to this. I can definitely see both alternatives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Seo
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
So far, I've been playing that these are both a single action spot, but you have a choice of how to do it. But once you've done it, it's blocked for the round.

But I'd very much like an official answer to this. I can definitely see both alternatives.

I know right! I think that interpretation is also valid except I couldn't find any clear ruling on this.

Thanks for the responses guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you could do both in a round, since they are 2 separate locations, one for the free action marker, one for the worker.

I bring no actual proof, just my belief
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Avers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
But I'd very much like an official answer to this.

TDaver wrote:
Yes.

PS: Did not know that an emoticon would work for a link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GhundiPI wrote:
SpecularRain wrote:
But I'd very much like an official answer to this.

TDaver wrote:
Yes.

PS: Did not know that an emoticon would work for a link

You didn't quote the whole thing:

TDaver wrote:
Legnkar wrote:
Hi.

Is it possible to use the Supply Action even though there is no workers to wake up, just to receive the 2 VP?

Yes.

I already knew that. In fact, I'm one of the two people who have thumbed that comment

But it's not quite the same question. There are other ways to end up in a situation where you have no workers to wake up.

But, yeah, I guess it's reasonable to interpret that answer as meaning that you can indeed first force, and then later in the same Era supply the workers.

I thought David would have seen and replied to this thread by now, but I'll ping him about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuela
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Let's all have a deep, think-y game... with theme!
badge
Anesthetist by day; gamer by night...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm 99.99% sure you can do both. I played a game where another player had maxed out his morale track, but in the final round didn't have the water to supply workers, so he forced workers, did most of his actions (including collecting water), then supplied workers (there were none, but it was still an available worker space) so he could max out his morale track again and secure the 3-point end-game condition for himself. None of us thought that was an illegal move because he did have the resources to take that action. I recall that he won that game. And he was a board game newbie, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Avers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
But it's not quite the same question.
Hmmm, I thought it answered the OP's question perfectly.

SpecularRain wrote:
There are other ways to end up in a situation where you have no workers to wake up.
I have not yet seen a reason to both force and supply apart from gaining on the morale track. So I'm curious to learn what other situation there may be.

Edit:
EPratt wrote:
I'm 99.99% sure you can do both.
There is nothing stated in the rulebook that you can use only one of the two actions. That seems to me to be an interpretation of the graphics on the board. So yeah, good play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GhundiPI wrote:
SpecularRain wrote:
But it's not quite the same question.
Hmmm, I thought it answered the OP's question perfectly.

SpecularRain wrote:
There are other ways to end up in a situation where you have no workers to wake up.
I have not yet seen a reason to both force and supply apart from gaining on the morale track. So I'm curious to learn what other situation there may be.

I didn't say "other reason", I said "other ways". The reason is of course to get more victory points. There's no question about that.

My point is: the fact that David said that you can supply workers to get the points, even if you have no tired workers, does not necessarily mean that you can supply workers if you have already forced them in the same round. This is because you can potentially be in the situation where you have no tired workers, even though you did not force them during the active Era.

GhundiPI wrote:
Edit:
EPratt wrote:
I'm 99.99% sure you can do both.
There is nothing stated in the rulebook that you can use only one of the two actions. That seems to me to be an interpretation of the graphics on the board. So yeah, good play

I'm also pretty sure you're right, and I will play that way next time. But I'm still going to press David for an official ruling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I was out, playtesting my next Mindclash project.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
(Not related to Anachrony, Trickerion, Cerebria, Transhumanity...)

Official answer is yes it is allowed. The only reason you would do it is if you forced, and then wanted score some points.

To answer Adrian's unsaid question is because they're two different "action spaces", both related to the morale system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han Seo
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the official answer! Appreciate it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
Sorry, I was out, playtesting my next Mindclash project.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
(Not related to Anachrony, Trickerion, Cerebria, Transhumanity...)

Official answer is yes it is allowed. The only reason you would do it is if you forced, and then wanted score some points.

To answer Adrian's unsaid question is because they're two different "action spaces", both related to the morale system.

Thanks David!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the official answer.
I have to say that this seemed intuitive to our group and we've used both spaces whenever needed or allowed.

But to chime in, I can think of at least one more reason besides morale and points based on morale.
At least one game effect, the Cloning Vat superproject allows you to gain a Tired worker:

Quote:
Cloning Vat: Any Worker: Receive one Worker of the same
Worker type in the Tired column

I dont think there are more, but you may want to wake up that worker and be willing to pay the price for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.