Popular Tags: [View All]
David Stephens
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
James Leroy and I decided on Carc again for today's lunch activity. Standard edition w/river tiles.

Strange river, sort of a sideways U. I drew the river cloister for the second day in a row. Jim drew primarily the river only tiles and deployed a couple of early farmers. Leroy play a river city next to one of my river cities and it appeared we may have a joint effort.

After the river was complete we each drew a hand of three tiles and began the game. (We play a variant whereby we hold a hand of three tiles and play one, then draw to maintain a hand of three. We like this way as it allows for some planning) My early draws and plays consited of city pieces with roads of all sorts, straight, bendy, and T's I also drew 3 cloisters early. James drew primarily road pieces and Leroy a mix of road and city, but no endcaps to for city closure.

I ran out of meeples quickly by placing a goup of cloisters and then needing a straight road (and taking forever to draw one) to complete all three and working with Leroy on a couple of cities. James was busily building roads and small cities where possible and also combined on a city project with Leroy.

The game ended with three fragmented farm fields with not that many farms. James was able to win or tie for most of the farms but there weren't enough points for him to catch up. I shared a couple of larger cities with Leroy, three cloisters and a few farm points put me close. But Leroy, having collected points on three shared city projects, a couple of cloisters and some farms won comfortably.

Final Score - Leroy 103, Me 97, James 78

Good game, we were all bunched together until towards the end when Leroy started to pull away slightly. We all felt as we had a chance if only we could have drawn the X tile at the right moment. Played in about an hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.