Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand it takes two actions to initiate a quest my question is if it takes me 2 movement actions to get near a quest action are you supposed to pass on hi our laat action during this round until you have 3 new actions so that you can spend 2 actions to trigger the event?
is there some way to be able to maximize your movements so that you dont have to wait?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Wenn ich die Zivilisation hinter mir lasse, fühle ich mich sicher (Heinrich Harrer)
mbmbmbmbmb
The Unbreakable bonds expansion introduces the concept of "Prepare action", i.e. you resolve your prepare action this round (doing nothing) to get an extra action next round. In this way, if you end up having one spare action this round, you can move it to the next one, and you don't lose anything. I'd suggest you to implement this rule when playing with the core set as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are other actions you can do. I suggest taking this time to train. Skill cards are worth using to exert often, so drawing new cards is always helpful.

Once you become more experienced with the game, you should never have a situation where an action is "wasted". You will always have a "rest" or "train" action in need, or you will just arrange your movement more efficiently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both, awesome suggestions. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clear.
One player action is rolling dice. Meaning i can roll dice 3 times if i wanted, one dor every action?

a free movement is one hex directly surrounding the current hex you are on. But can it used when already moving? Example: i roll enough dice to get me close to an encounter token, i am one hex away. Can i use my free movement then to move on top of hex or do i have to wait until my next turn where I can use my free movement and land on hex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have three actions. You may use an action to move, either rolling dice or moving a single hex. You may perform any action multiple times on your turn, so you can repeat this movement action if desired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:
a free movement is one hex directly surrounding the current hex you are on. But can it used when already moving? Example: i roll enough dice to get me close to an encounter token, i am one hex away. Can i use my free movement then to move on top of hex or do i have to wait until my next turn where I can use my free movement and land on hex?
The one hex move is an action and is not free (either you move according to the dice you have thrown, or you use the one hex move, as an action) - except if it is the free movement given by a skill card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand about movement now. Piggy back question. We can walk on roads no matter what the dice say correct? We just need to pay the cost of each movement by what we roll?

In other words i roll mountains, plains and forrest but all i want to do is walk on roads. I still move 3 no matter what i rolled because im only using roads? If i wish to go off-road thats when the dice faces come into play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Wenn ich die Zivilisation hinter mir lasse, fühle ich mich sicher (Heinrich Harrer)
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost correct. When moving on a road any result means one move. In order to enter a road, you need to match the terrain beneath the road. Example:

- you're on a plains hex, with no road
- the road is in front of you, on plains
- you need to spend one plains result to step on the road, and then any further step on that road is resolved by spending any result
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.