Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Perry
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I can tell, that HF 3rd Ed is just a little out of my price range on the second hand market. But I would like to play this game, and considering my time, I won't be going over to someone else's to play it any time soon. So that means I must make it. (I am not one for tts nor vassal).

I suspect that the 2nd ed might be more easily attainable, and maybe I can craft the differences, and buy the maps from Zazzle? How do-able is this? And how many work hours do you think it would take to make the game? Has anyone tried? How did you fare?

Thanks!
Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Turner
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The only hard part would be the cards. I don't know that images are available anywhere.

After the cards and the Zazzle map, everything else is easily obtainable chips, wooden tokens, and plastic rockets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guides have been posted when the kickstarter was looking questionable. I'm sure you can find it if you search for it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Perry
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am not mistaken, they are a part of the vassal module, so I would just source from there.

Gregor wrote:
The only hard part would be the cards. I don't know that images are available anywhere.

After the cards and the Zazzle map, everything else is easily obtainable chips, wooden tokens, and plastic rockets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Perry
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By guides, do you mean the rules? If so, I probably could get the living rules from Sierra Madre Games...

gar0u wrote:
Guides have been posted when the kickstarter was looking questionable. I'm sure you can find it if you search for it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Barker
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
There is a dropbox link to all the cards somewhere. I think in the Errata thread. I've printed out those cards before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Stites
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds less like updating 2nd Edition and more like creating your own copy of 3rd edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Perry
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you bring it up: Where is said PNP that I could pay for? I don't see it on the SMG website...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian
Switzerland
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically the companies responsible are making it as hard as possible to get a copy.

It's a strange business model but it works for them I guess?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Terhune
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
This is a blatant example of frivolous geek gold spending.
badge
I spent 100 geek gold and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewdoull wrote:
MarkP1981 wrote:
Since you bring it up: Where is said PNP that I could pay for? I don't see it on the SMG website...

SMG was never selling the 3rd edition rules. The PNP version was only available as a Kickstarter tier.

Did anybody ever actually get the PnP files? I know I didn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Turner
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewdoull wrote:
Given people payed for a print and play version, making your own or advising others how to make it is of questionable legality and morality.

I can't argue. That's why it would be nice if the cards were made available for a fee on a print-on-demand site like Game Crafters. It would complement the pod Zazzle maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mb
I may know a guy, who's very handsome, by the way, who built his own using a Zazzle map and all the image files from the Vassal mod. Wasn't too bad to put together, he tells me. Everything else was just discs and blocks for tokens.

But if you get your hands on 2nd ed, from what I hear, it's fun enough on its own that you don't even have to upgrade if it's too much of a pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert McVie
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm.. (looks at first edn on shelf)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.