Popular Tags: [View All]
John Lee
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
1) The card says; 2, 5+, x3

What does this mean?

2) If I am already in a U-boat mini campaign where I am already losing points last month from not knocking out U-boat pens and potentially losing points next month for the same thing cause I'm in another mini U-boat campaign, do I potentially lose more SO points from the individual U-boat counters?

THANKS in advance!

BISHOP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Beckler
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Bishop,

Check out Page 12 of the V2 rules, but here's the gist...

Here's how to process that card:
Roll 3 d10, for every die that rolls 5 or higher, you place a "2 SO" U-Boat counter in the lower left of the map, just to the left of Hex 6, where it says "U-Boats".

So:
2 - the amount of SO each U-Boat will cost you each week
5+ - the roll it takes to place the U-Boat counter on the map
x3 - the number of dice rolled / possible number of U-Boat counters that could be added to the map

Because that is a "Tactic" of the Luftwaffe commander, any remaining U-Boats that are still on the board if the commander is replaced, are removed from the board and no longer cost you SO. Basically, without the commander exerting his influence with the Navy to keep the U-Boats interdicting supplies for the bombers, the U-Boats get assigned to other operations. If the replacement commander also has the U-Boat tactic, still remove the existing U-Boats and go through the roll procedure to see if the new commander can add U-Boats to the board.

As for the second question, I believe the answer is "yes" - the campaign SO damage does stack with the Luftwaffe commander tactic.

Sounds like you are in a bit of a tough spot... good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lee
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
THANKS much Dan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.