Spirit Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Difficulty for Scoring rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chaosmancer mc
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
So, I ran across the Scoring rules in the book, and thought it would be fun to score the game I waiting to post in the Sessions area.

However, looking at the formula, I need the Difficulty of the game to score it. Simple enough if you are only using the base game, but I added in all of Branch and Claw, and Branch and Claw does not specify.

It does say that using the thematic map with branch and claw is only a +1 difficulty instead of a +3, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything in terms of the adversaries.

I am assuming that it is a net zero increase in difficulty, is this accurate enough?

It doesn't matter deeply, but it is the sort of thing people will end up asking eventually as the game gains in popularity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Zev
msg tools
badge
All knowledge is worth having
mbmbmbmbmb
Pages 20-21 of the Branch and Claw rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The goal was to make it a net zero increase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Eric Reuss
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yup, no net change in difficulty.

The reason the thematic maps get easier with Branch & Claw is that their setup includes more of the tokens from Branch & Claw than the balanced maps do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaosmancer mc
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Arcanist Lupus wrote:
Pages 20-21 of the Branch and Claw rulebook.

Yeah, I saw that, but since nothing changed for the base adversaries I wasn't certain if they were simply reprinting those or if the net increase was zero

grysqrl wrote:
The goal was to make it a net zero increase.

Gotcha, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaosmancer mc
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
darker wrote:
Yup, no net change in difficulty.

The reason the thematic maps get easier with Branch & Claw is that their setup includes more of the tokens from Branch & Claw than the balanced maps do.

Yeah, I figured that decrease had more to do with the Thematic map being different than it did the events and tokens making the game that much easier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.