Subject: Scoring when public or private buildings are placed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Lisboa [+] [View All]
Benson Propst
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need clarification understanding when to score private buildings.

Consider the following grids (which attempts to replicate the Lisbon city center)for each of the following 5 scoring scenarios, where A-E, the 4 color names, and 1-5 represent spaces where public buildings can be placed.

Scoring Scenario 1

i Gold ii Pink iii Brown iv Teal v

A * 1

B 2

C 3

D 4

E 5

Barney builds a private building @ A,iii,1 (pink door) but since no public buidlings exist, Barney scores 0 points.

Scoring Scenario 2

A * 1 (pink public building)

B 2

C 3

D 4

E 5

Later in the game, Barney places a pink public building at slot 1, does barney score "x" points due to the building of the pink public @ slot 1?

Scoring Scenario 3

(pub. bldg)

A * 1 (pink public building)

B 2

C 3

D 4

E 5

Later in the game still, Barney places another public building in the pink column. Does Barney get to rescore his private building (*) @ A,iii,1 for "2x" points, or since the private building was scored earlier in the game, does it not get to be rescored?

Scoring Scenario 4

(pub. bldg)

A # * 1 (pink public building)

B 2

C 3

D 4

E 5

Later in the game still, Betty builds a private building with a pink door(#), @ A,ii,1. Does Betty only (not Barnery for his private building) score "2x" points for her building due to the pink public building in the pink column and the pink public building at slot 1?

Scoring Scenario 5

(pub. bldg)

A(ppb) # * 1 (pink public building)

B 2

C 3

D 4

E 5

Lastly, Betty places another pink public building at slot A. Does Betty get to rescore "3x" for her private building (#) @ A,ii,1? AND does Barney get to yet again rescore "3x" for his private building (*) @ A,iii,1?

Thank you in advance! (and hopefully the wonky grid system made sense and helped to clarify the scoring scenarios).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
A store is automatically checked for scoring for its owner whenever it is built, or whenever a public building is built, but only once for each public building around it.

So, whenever a new store is placed, you check for any public buildings with a matching color around its 3 sides. For each such public building, the store scores points based on the scoring tile beneath it. (Only a single player will potentially get points when a store is built.)

Whenever a new public building is placed, you check for any stores of matching color that it points to, and these score for their owners, based on the scoring tiles beneath them. (Note that a new public building may mean that several players get points.)

Your diagrams are a bit hard to read, but I'll try answering your scenarios based on the text.
Try using code tags (with "[ c ] [ /c ]" (remove the whitespace) to make your grids more readable. I think spaces at the start of a line are removed.

Scenario 1 - 0 points.
Scenario 2 - X points.
Scenario 3 - X points. Not 2X points. You only get more points for the new public building. You don't get to get the points for the old public building again.
Scenario 4 - Betty scores X points.
Scenario 5 - Betty scores X points for her store, Barney scores Y points (X and Y being the point tiles below their respective stores).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benson Propst
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SaltyHorse wrote:
A store is automatically checked for scoring for its owner whenever it is built, or whenever a public building is built, but only once for each public building around it.

So, whenever a new store is placed, you check for any public buildings with a matching color around its 3 sides. For each such public building, the store scores points based on the scoring tile beneath it. (Only a single player will potentially get points when a store is built.)

Whenever a new public building is placed, you check for any stores of matching color that it points to, and these score for their owners, based on the scoring tiles beneath them. (Note that a new public building may mean that several players get points.)

Your diagrams are a bit hard to read, but I'll try answering your scenarios based on the text.
Try using code tags (with "[ c ] [ /c ]" (remove the whitespace) to make your grids more readable. I think spaces at the start of a line are removed.

Scenario 1 - 0 points.
Scenario 2 - X points.
Scenario 3 - X points. Not 2X points. You only get more points for the new public building. You don't get to get the points for the old public building again.
Scenario 4 - Betty scores X points.
Scenario 5 - Betty scores X points for her store, Barney scores Y points (X and Y being the point tiles below their respective stores).

Ori, thanks a ton. The italicized expert from your previous post showcases the relevant rule, when a new public building is placed.

You don't get to get the points for the old public building again.

Thank you for taking the time to decipher the botched up grid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Benson, try to see this in a thematic way.
Public buildings drives people to certain zones and certain bussiness in town. Your stores needs clients. More clients = more wigs.

So you have a store somewhere but no public building around, meaning no clients = no wigs.

Then the right public building is opened in the neibourhood and people start to go to your store. So, you score.
Then a second public building is opened, more people to your store = more wigs.
Then, with some skill and a bit of lucky, a 3rd building is built and it brings even more people to your bussiness, your clients trippled now, so you score for the 3rd time.

Now the other scenario:
I want to open a store, and I don't want to wait much to build my bussiness, so I will look for a great location, and the best one will be a location where there are the most public buildings around already driving a lot of public to that zone.
With some lucky I can find a piece of land with 3 public buildings driving public to the same kind of bussiness, the same businnes of my store. This represents wigs x3.
Of course all the other player must be asleep for a situation like that to happen. But it can happen, specialy to the end of the game.

Hope this help.
Thank you for playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.