Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr. Lieberoth
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In their lates Kickstarer update (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/509519175/perditions-mo...) the PM:AB-designers revealed their chosen production partner for the second edition.

I am currently signed on for a Demon pledge to get the base game and other stuff (completionist these days...) as part of the Traitor Guard Kickstarter, but it looks like I might be better served by waiting for the second edition instead of getting an old product in need of updates.

Arctic union were nice enough to reply to this concern pretty quickly: Timo said:
Quote:
The 2nd edition differs very little. It fixes typos, but no changes to existing rules, scenarios, maps etc.
And it's available when (if?) it's available - earliest late 2018. If you want to play PM:AR, 1st edition base game is the chance. PMTG is 100% compatible with 1st AND 2nd edition base game. Also, it's VERY unlikely that we'll reprint Witch's Grotto with 2nd edition unless the campaign goes beyond the scale we can currently foresee.

So: How badly does this game need second edition fixes? Worth waiting for?

And, in a related question: Which expansions are good? One reason to get the game with Traitor Guard would apparently be to get the Witch's Grotto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I understand, the 2nd edition will fix errata in the rulebook, on cards (those are already fixed in this expansion) and on the game boards. You can find details of these errata in the forums and on the company's website. Timo has also said that these errata'd components will be available separately, during the campaign, for those that already have the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
The Witch's Grotto includes a new hero, new double sided gameboard and scenarios for them. The hideout is cool too since it includes a building that can be cleaned out and if you save the people inside they are traders to use between adventures. Kind of like the town part of Shadows of Brimstone.

There are a few errors that are documented in the FAQ. The critical cards are being fixed in the Traitor Guard KS.

I'd say the few board errors and scenario errors are the biggest issue that will be addressed in the 2nd printing. Maybe they will offer an upgrade pack for 1st edition owners? But not sure it's a big deal since the fixed cards are the most important thing.

So wait potentially a year for the 2nd printing or get it now and enjoy the game with a few errors that you can fix from the FAQ.

EDIT- Looks like Lee and I were typing at the same time, but I was too slow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You should also keep in mind that the 2nd edition is retail version. It will not include the WG and HO expansions.

We will also offer full "upgrade from 1st to 2nd" set to serve 1st edition customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Boadilla del Monte
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way to go to me it seems to pledge now for the big expansion and get the uprade kit in the next campaign.

There is a lot of value in the Demon pledge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
You should also keep in mind that the 2nd edition is retail version. It will not include the WG and HO expansions.

We will also offer full "upgrade from 1st to 2nd" set to serve 1st edition customers.

Me!!!

I'm most interested in a newly printed rulebook with all the changes that have been made. I know I can download it, but it's on version 16 already and I'd love a professionally printed copy. Looking forward to the upgrade pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dumpty wrote:
Eridis wrote:

Me!!!

I'm most interested in a newly printed rulebook with all the changes that have been made. I know I can download it, but it's on version 16 already and I'd love a professionally printed copy. Looking forward to the upgrade pack.

Yep. I hear you, dumpty. Yes, we will check which components get upgrades and create likely two alternative "upgrade packs":
* All components that have changed
* Rulebook + Scenarios

But it's too early to say, as we don't know how the campaign goes. Let's finish the PMTG, first. It has less 48h to go and still a few more things to gain. Let's hope we can manage to pull the remaining SG's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news.

Count on me in every PM:AR product there will ever be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.