7 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is a miss a miss? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Kromski
Belgium
flag msg tools
During one of our plays this question popped up and it was not 100% clear to us, even reading the rulebook again. (Maybe because english is not our native language)

If one of your dice you rolled is a miss. Does it only count for the single die and the rest of the hits are still counted? Or is the full attack a miss? Personally I think the latter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Not all attacks even require a die roll.

I don't see why the attack would count as a miss (though the rules aren't in front of me right now, I'll double check later)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
No, this isn't galaxy defenders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:

Wasn't it in GD that you just couldn't reroll Alien results rather than the attack being an outright miss? -- I've recently tried Descent (with the app) again and I felt quite frustrated by the blue die "X" result that means the whole attack misses. I don't remember that kind of frustration in GD.

To OP: I've always played that just that one die was a miss. The Gremlin face has special uses for some enemies/weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
Just the one die. Simone has clarified elsewhere.

This is definitely not Descent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
DomHiob wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:

Wasn't it in GD that you just couldn't reroll Alien results rather than the attack being an outright miss? -- I've recently tried Descent (with the app) again and I felt quite frustrated by the blue die "X" result that means the whole attack misses. I don't remember that kind of frustration in GD.

To OP: I've always played that just that one die was a miss. The Gremlin face has special uses for some enemies/weapons.

You could be right. Been a while since I played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DomHiob wrote:

Wasn't it in GD that you just couldn't reroll Alien results rather than the attack being an outright miss?

It was worse in GD IF you used an alien weapon without the alien knownledge skill. But otherwise it was that only that single die was a miss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.