Carcassonne» Forums » General

Subject: Old style river tiles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jur Snijder
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an old copy of the base game (Rio Grande Games, original artwork) without the river expansion. Has there ever been a version of the game in old style with the river expansion? All I seem to find for sale is either the one I have (without the river), or the new style, which I don't like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes there are some early editions which included the river tiles. There are also 'river 2' tiles which you can find in a standalone box or in expansion 6, 'Count, King and Robber'. An alternative version of thw river (sometimes called 'river3') was included in BigBox 5.

All of these are out of print and have been replaced with the new art style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, mine does. Rio Grande 2001 English Edition with River.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, Z-Man's old style Carc came with the river expansion included in the box (and it's annouced via a sign shopped on top of the city gates). It also has a girl carrying apples on the cover instead of the angry moor man from the Rio Grande varsion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The River is/was available from Cundco; if not it's probably out there for sale/trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jur Snijder
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info, I'll see if I can find one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.