Renato Tavares
Brazil
Goiânia
Goiás
flag msg tools
Playing 'til death!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for the Catan Version with plastic bits! Which version should I buy? And where could I find it? I think that it is one of the Mayfair editions, but I am not sure, nor where I could find it... cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iwould get the current German editions, simply titled CATAN. They are available from Amazon.de and are fairly cheap. I'm sure you could find English rules from BGG or Catan.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
The German and Dutch versions of the game have had plastic pieces for years now. I believe that Mayfair is one of the few (if not the only one) that still publishes the game with wooden components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As you can see in the rule book (www.catan.com/files/downloads/catan_5th_ed_rules_eng_150303.... ), the newest US-edition has still wooden game pieces.

Dr. Reiner Düren
Catan GmbH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the "Gallery Edition" I've seen them sell at Wal-Mart has the plastic pieces. I do not know if they're identical to the German/Dutch editions. It's not terribly expensive if you just want the bits.

Apparently, there's a 3rd party market for it, so I'd look in the store before trying to pull one online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few stand-alone editions of Catan games that have plastic pieces with English language material - the Germany box, Ancient Egypt and Struggle for Rome.

There are game component retailers re-selling the original plastic pieces on a on demand basis, like spielmaterial.de.

Given the fact that there are a lot of Europeans who miss the wooden pieces, you might be able to swap sets of wooden pieces for sets of plastic ones. Private postage in padded envelopes is affordable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.