Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Sunderland
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
When you get a terraforming increase on a card does it still boost
Your terraforming rating?

I.e. The strip mine card increases oxygen 2 steps. Does your terraforming rating increase as well even though you didn't put greenery tiles down?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Anytime you increase a global parameter, by whatever means, you increase your TR. Adding greeneries is the most common means for increasing O2, but not the only such means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killertwinsfan wrote:
even though you didn't put greenery tiles down?

A common misunderstanding. Placing greenery tiles does NOT increase your Terraform Rating.

But when you place a greenery tile, you increase the oxygen level. It's that which increases your TR.

So when Strip Mine raises oxygen, you get Terraform Rating. If Strip Mine did not raise oxygen (because it's maxed already) you don't get Terraform Rating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, agreed, common to mistake this rule. Remember your TR is going up because the ocean is being placed, or the oxygen or temperture level has increased. If a card tells you to do one of those 3 and you cant because its already maxed out, then your TR rating does NOT go up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Harrop
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:
Yep, agreed, common to mistake this rule. Remember your TR is going up because the ocean is being placed, or the oxygen or temperture level has increased. If a card tells you to do one of those 3 and you cant because its already maxed out, then your TR rating does NOT go up.

what a sad thought that is too. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.