Subject: Ugg, missed the 2nd KS - What will be in retail version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mrs. Vickies CHIPS
Canada
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn! Had no idea (not on bgg much) there was a 2nd KS with Minis!

Anyone know what will be in the retail box when it comes to stores?

Anything missing that was in the KS? I think Isaac is not for exclusives which is great for people in this scenario.

Definitely not paying cuckoo aftermarket prices

TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flowercita wrote:

Anything missing that was in the KS? I think Isaac is not for exclusives which is great for people in this scenario.

TIA

There are no KS exclusives. What we got through the KS you'll get at retail just for a little bit more money. I think MSRP will be $120.

EDIT: Maybe $100?

EDIT 2: Definitely not $100. MSRP for the 1st version is $140.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Vickies CHIPS
Canada
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the Minis should be included in the 2nd ed retail then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI the only minis are for the characters and not the monsters, those are cardboard standees in all versions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flowercita wrote:
So the Minis should be included in the 2nd ed retail then?

Yes. There was no option for only standees this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgamebliss.com was selling pre-orders for 124.95CAD, they appear to be sold out now. As is 401games sadly, who had it for the same price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tsang
United Kingdom
Claverton, Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flowercita wrote:

The only edition without minis was the first kickstarter exclusive standee edition. All others including the retail have minis for the player characters (but not enemies or summons).

Quote:

The retail box will be the same as the kickstarter box, except for the cipher sheet that is included in the kickstarter box to help you decode certain secret messages in the game. You can find an image of this on bgg, so you're not missing much.

Quote:

MSRP will be more than the kickstarter price, but you should be able to find it for some kind of discount online when it comes out. If you try to buy a first printing now, you will be paying through the nose, but if you wait for the second printing and get it before it goes OOP, you should be alright.

Quote:

TIA

You're welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Retail will have minis for the characters.

The Decoder Card is actually included, to correct the poster before me.

MSRP will be $140.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Senn
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest i have no idea why Isaac needed a KS for a 2nd edition. Why not just go retail with 2nd edition.

What? You raising 4 million dollars, and having the game completely sold out, and receive raving positive reviews, and was going on ebay for like 4xs the price sold it; meant you were unsure if there would be a demand for a retail version? Just go retail already.

think some people are getting to comfy hiding behind Kickstarter now. You do know there is a product life after a KS campaign right? I feel lots of developers (especially video game developers) forget that, or rather they dont believe in their product and are not willing to take a risk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You still need to pay upfront for a production run. Kickstarter provided Isaac with the necessary funds for doing that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Grove123 wrote:
To be honest i have no idea why Isaac needed a KS for a 2nd edition. Why not just go retail with 2nd edition.

What? You raising 4 million dollars, and having the game completely sold out, and receive raving positive reviews, and was going on ebay for like 4xs the price sold it; meant you were unsure if there would be a demand for a retail version? Just go retail already.

think some people are getting to comfy hiding behind Kickstarter now. You do know there is a product life after a KS campaign right? I feel lots of developers (especially video game developers) forget that, or rather they dont believe in their product and are not willing to take a risk.
He's explained his reasoning at least once. All future releases will be straight to retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
alphasquid wrote:
He's explained his reasoning at least once. All future releases will be straight to retail.

Is that just for Gloomhaven or for all games? He is one of the few creators who I trust enough to kickstart without hesitation. But I admit I would like it if his stuff could go straight to retail, so that I don't have to wait 6-12 agonizing months between hearing about it and having it in hand...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
DrNate wrote:
alphasquid wrote:

Is that just for Gloomhaven or for all games? He is one of the few creators who I trust enough to kickstart without hesitation. But I admit I would like it if his stuff could go straight to retail, so that I don't have to wait 6-12 agonizing months between hearing about it and having it in hand...
Just Gloomhaven so far. He just ran a Kickstarter for Founders of Gloomhaven.

Not sure what his plan is for the eventual Gloomhaven expansion. I'd expect Kickstarter. Though it may not be strictly necessary, there are reasons to do Kickstarter anyways as far as building hype, engaging with the community, and I assume a larger profit margin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Yeah, he got about four million good reasons to do more GH kickstarters. I would not blame him one bit for doing any future ones. That wait is just agonizing, is all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.