Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, at 75$+35$ for the solo expansion (deal maker for me) this is 110$ plus shipment...definitely a steep price and even if the mechanics are interesting I really don't see justification for such a hefty price. Am I missing something here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Oliver
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Davide,

Unfortunately, if you did not purchase the game through Kickstarter, the game will be very PRICEY.

I believe through Kickstarter you got the base game and Burning Lands expansion for $75 plus shipping!!

Expired Kickstarter link here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1408460255/armageddon-w...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Snowdash wrote:
Davide,

Unfortunately, if you did not purchase the game through Kickstarter, the game will be very PRICEY.

I believe through Kickstarter you got the base game, Burning Lands expansion, and the Solo Expansion ALL for $75 plus shipping!!

Expired Kickstarter link here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1408460255/armageddon-w...

The base game and expansion were $75. The solo expansion was a $35 add-on during the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
patgarret77 wrote:
Well, at 75$+35$ for the solo expansion (deal maker for me) this is 110$ plus shipment...definitely a steep price and even if the mechanics are interesting I really don't see justification for such a hefty price. Am I missing something here?

Agreed; that's what kept me away. I need to hear some reviews on game play before dropping that much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Still I was open enough to hear about justifications, like high quality maps, chits, cards or whatever. But I don't see any, so it just seems an expensive game to me. Interesting yes, but expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Oliver
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The difference with most hex and counter games is Armageddon War's 1 inch unit counters like those in Night of Man and '65 Vietnam compared to much smaller in other games...

But the price is high especially considering that instead of the Solo expansions being a part of those games Flying Pig sells them separately for a high price - NOM Solo is 49! while '65 Solo is 30 dollars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I guess they are satisfied with the kickstarter sale and they think late buyers are willing to bite the $$$ bullet. Not my case. I will wait for reviews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is coming late, but the game is getting ready to get into peoples hands. Yes, the game is very high quality with large mounted maps and large beautiful counters. I think when you start seeing the game soon, you will see the work that we put into this game to bring it to you. And yes, the pricey helps offset those costs.

Eddie
http://flyingpiggames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.