Subject: Band of Delvers + Ancient Map rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Band of Delvers: You may roll 2 dice during the Excavation phase. They may go on the same or different ruins.

Ancient Map: This turn, you may reroll your Excavation roll.

If you play both in on turn do you:
A - only have the option to reroll for the first die rolled.
B - have the option to reroll both dice.
C - if you don't use the reroll on the first die, you may use it on the second instead.

I wouldn't be surprised if A was the correct answer. B seems overpowered. Since this came up mid-game, we house-ruled C; as the player was saving for a good combo, but B seemed too strong.

Love the game, but there seem to be a lot of combos needing FAQ that I'd think would have been caught early in play-testing - and if they were, then they should have been in the FAQ section of the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ransom

Iowa City
Iowa
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Option A is the correct one; Ancient Map will allow you to reroll the first roll you make with Band of Delvers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kindt Dalzen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mattransom wrote:
Option A is the correct one; Ancient Map will allow you to reroll the first roll you make with Band of Delvers.

I was going to post this same question.

Couple more questions as this ties into your previous answers on stacking Delver card effects:

What if multiple Ancient Maps are played? Do all rerolls still apply to the first die rolled? Or can rerolls be saved for the second excavation die?

What if multiple die modifiers are played? Do the bonuses all stack on the first roll, or can they be split to apply to the second roll too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ransom

Iowa City
Iowa
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
daskindt wrote:
mattransom wrote:

Couple more questions as this ties into your previous answers on stacking Delver card effects:

What if multiple Ancient Maps are played? Do all rerolls still apply to the first die rolled? Or can rerolls be saved for the second excavation die?

What if multiple die modifiers are played? Do the bonuses all stack on the first roll, or can they be split to apply to the second roll too?

Other Delver cards played in combination with Band of Delvers affect the first die rolled. This is your "excavation roll," and the second roll granted by Band of Delvers is a bonus roll granted by that card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kindt Dalzen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks again for the clarifications, Matthew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Strait
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mattransom wrote:
daskindt wrote:
mattransom wrote:

Other Delver cards played in combination with Band of Delvers affect the first die rolled. This is your "excavation roll," and the second roll granted by Band of Delvers is a bonus roll granted by that card.

Small, helpful suggestion for future printing(s), then:

"You may roll 2 dice a second die during the Excavation phase. They It may go on the same ruin as your Excavation roll or a different ruins."

I literally do this for a living.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ransom

Iowa City
Iowa
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ErsatzDragon wrote:
mattransom wrote:
daskindt wrote:
mattransom wrote:

Small, helpful suggestion for future printing(s), then:

"You may roll 2 dice a second die during the Excavation phase. They It may go on the same ruin as your Excavation roll or a different ruins."

I literally do this for a living.

A good suggestion. Thanks Peter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Strus
msg tools
Hello and greetings from Germany

I've read this thread and we want to play "Unearth" today the first time.

So that means "Band of Delvers" in combine with "Expedition" you may only choose after rolling the first dice on which ruin you want to put this dice?

What about "Forgotten Song"? If a dice with the same number isn't your dice - who must reroll this dice?

Greetings Danny

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ransom

Iowa City
Iowa
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
belfry50 wrote:
Hello and greetings from Germany

I've read this thread and we want to play "Unearth" today the first time.

So that means "Band of Delvers" in combine with "Expedition" you may only choose after rolling the first dice on which ruin you want to put this dice?

What about "Forgotten Song"? If a dice with the same number isn't your dice - who must reroll this dice?

Greetings Danny

Hello Danny,

Correct, Expedition played with Band of Delvers will allow you to place the first die rolled for Band of Delvers on any Ruin.

Rerolls are performed by the player who owns the die as described on p4 of the rulebook: "The owner of a rerolled die always performs the reroll, even if forced to do that reroll by another player."

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Strus
msg tools
Thanks a lot

It was a funny first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.