Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh A
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am vocal and have a mature fire starter, do I still need to meet precondition disks when promoting elders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Maia
Portugal
flag msg tools
I dont have the rules with me now.
The mature firestarter allow you to promote elders directly to a mature status. So yes, you dont have to put the disk below the elder cube.
Do not confuse with "precondition" tools, that are the disks you need to have in order to hunt biomes. Here, firestarters have no effect. There is a daughter, however, that lets you ignore these precondition tools.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einar Faanes
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but you don't need to mature them as the start as mature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh A
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm talking about portal disk precondition.
Quote:
Precondition Disks. If Vocal, you may not promote an elder of ranks 3, 4, or 5 unless you have a portal (I1) of each of the 3 colors in the specified domain. This is similar to Precondition Tools (E1), except the required disks are portals instead of vocabulary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
jauggy wrote:
I'm talking about portal disk precondition.
Quote:
Precondition Disks. If Vocal, you may not promote an elder of ranks 3, 4, or 5 unless you have a portal (I1) of each of the 3 colors in the specified domain. This is similar to Precondition Tools (E1), except the required disks are portals instead of vocabulary.

Yes you need those. The firestarter just gives you the "promotion" for free, it does not satisfy the "precondition".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh A
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have an immature elder, then my fire starter becomes mature, do my other immature elders become mature too? Or does the fire-starter ability only work when making new elders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einar Faanes
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It only works when making new elders. That is sometimes an interesting decision, whether to wait with making elders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.