Allegiance: A Realm Divided» Forums » General

Subject: Is it still possible to order (to Europe)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
coptus
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
I've obviously been living under a rock because I've found about this game fairly recently. And have fallen in love with it just by reading the rules and watching reviews.

So... the question is: is it still possible to order the game? I've sent a question to Underground Games through their contact form on the webpage since I'd like the game to be shipped to Europe, and it says to contact them directly in that case.

Thank you for your answers in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Re: Is it still possible to order?
Just took a peek at their website, they still sell it in North American and have a link to order from Amazon.

https://www.ug-games.com/shop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
coptus
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
Re: Is it still possible to order?
Yes, I saw the Amazon link too (but it does not ship to Europe). As I said, I contacted them directly through the form on the page, but decided to ask here since I've got no reply from them yet; e-mail was sent two days ago.

But thank you for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan
United Kingdom
Kings Langley, Herts, UK
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HI Coptus...
I had a similar issue. THe website/game is owned by a couple, so dont expect a quick reply. They do have a KS version available on their website

I would say the best bet is call them and then somehow arrange for an Essen Mule from US to Europe. You might have to sweeten the deal, as it is a heavy game for whoever brings it for you to Europe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just wanted to chime in and say this is a fantastic game. I love the individual characters and it is highly asymmetrical and great production.
I have played it 4 times. My favorite plays were when I was Mad King Janus and the Ninja. Very fun. I have not played Ashes yet but would like to so I can compare it to this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbrook29 wrote:
Just wanted to chime in and say this is a fantastic game. I love the individual characters and it is highly asymmetrical and great production.
I have played it 4 times. My favorite plays were when I was Mad King Janus and the Ninja. Very fun. I have not played Ashes yet but would like to so I can compare it to this.

If you end up playing Ashes I'd love to read a write up of your comparison! ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrell wrote:
cbrook29 wrote:

If you end up playing Ashes I'd love to read a write up of your comparison! ;-)

I have played Ashes (twice). Ashes is a dice builder. It plays totally differently. It has been so long I don't remember my particular gripes with Ashes, but I remember not caring enough about how it played to put it on my wishlist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Allegiance is one of my favourite games. Love it to death.

I've played Ashes and it is a good game but it doesn't capture me.

The obvious difference is that Allegiance is not a deck construction game. You take cards from a shared pile. Makes the game fair for everybody.

Ashes is deck and dice construction. The dice representing mana is a pretty neat idea.

I find overall, Allegiance gave me a better sense of control, if that makes sense. You know what powers that each character has and when they can be activated (that's all open knowledge). So you can make calculated guesses on what might happen in a given turn.

Ashes plays a bit more like a M:tG game where you don't know what you're fighting until your opponent reveals it (but you do get to see which mana dice they are using so that might give you a sense of it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
This is possibly the 2nd best Kickstarter I ever pledged. First one is Arcadia Quest and the fact that a major company that excells at KS is the only one to surpass this game that is completely indie based tells you a lot at how amazing this game is.

The art is breathtaking, the mechanis are extremely invoating, the game flows really well. It doesn't even have that annoying feeling that a lot of games do that you get "damn, wouldn't it be better to just play it as a computer game?". Even the insert and component arrangement is great!

And it's really REALLY fun.

The only real negative I would say about this game is that the classes don't seem to balance really well. The RPS structure works in games when you have all 3 together, but in a 2 player game it's a disaster waiting to happen. But it's avoidable once you know the game.

Leaving that aside, it really is a fantastic game.

The only problem is sadly, based on how quiet things are here, that I am going to guess it wasn't very profitable for its makers. Tom Vasel said he thinks the game might not do well simply because it came out in a time with too many competitors.

I think it's because it was made by great game designers - who just don't know how to market really well. I remember even during the kickstarter I banged my head a lot since it was clear they didn't research KS very well.

Heck, just look at the box - one of the games with the most amazing art I've seen at that's how they make the box look?

But it's understandable. They are indie game designers and they are fantastic at game design - Just wished they had a marketing partner to go alongside them. This really is a great product that should sell itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
coptus
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
dipakSomak wrote:
HI Coptus...
I had a similar issue. THe website/game is owned by a couple, so dont expect a quick reply.

Just here to say that they did reply (I was really starting to worry ), said that they could ship to Croatia, so the order will be made soon. Can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is great and the player board art is beautifull. Sadly the cost in shipping to europe + taxes is steep.

I do own a kickstarter copy but lots of europeans won't have easy access to the game.

No idea why the makers weren't able of managing a european distribution deal. Even small KS games can make this happen nowadays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.