Popular Tags: [View All]
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume "you" means the enemy (e.g., "when you engage your foe in combat, deal 1 damage"), but as I'm playing this solo, when something says "you," I look around the room and think, are they talking to me?

So in that example, when I encounter a Savage enemy, it does 1 damage to me at the beginning of combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's kinda odd in reference to solo play, but I have to imagine it's intended from the standpoint of another player handling the enemy board during multiplayer coop (to keep things moving along more smoothly).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is done to keep consistency to as some of the enemy adventure cards use the same wording in their surge powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Any confirmation on this? It wouldn’t make sense to apply to the player but the base game rulebook clearly states you refers to the hero
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chindent wrote:
Yeah, it's kinda odd in reference to solo play, but I have to imagine it's intended from the standpoint of another player handling the enemy board during multiplayer coop (to keep things moving along more smoothly).

I'm going with this... I guess that's what makes them so savage... now, does it happen each round when you cast your chits? I kinda think it does...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Tungsten
msg tools
mbmbmb
ctcharger wrote:
chindent wrote:

I'm going with this... I guess that's what makes them so savage... now, does it happen each round when you cast your chits? I kinda think it does...

"Engage" just means at the very start of the fight, not each round, so it's not as ugly as it could be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok cool, that does make them less savage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.