Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeffrey james
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone come up with a variable setup for character classes? I'm thinking of something like the hero realms character packs. I realize that is an expansion but I'm hoping the deck size of clank with sunken treasures offers some fan made setups along the same line. If not, this would make a good expansion imho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's supposed to be a few expansions in the pipeline - I wouldn't be surprised if this was in one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jjdelanoche wrote:
There's supposed to be a few expansions in the pipeline - I wouldn't be surprised if this was in one of them.

+1!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

I suspect it would be extremely difficult to balance different character powers.

I have wonderered however, if it might be interesting to allow each player to freely choose a one-use starting advantage, e.g. no clank, or 2 boots or 2 purchasing power or 1 gold ?? etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:

I suspect it would be extremely difficult to balance different character powers.

I have wonderered however, if it might be interesting to allow each player to freely choose a one-use starting advantage, e.g. no clank, or 2 boots or 2 purchasing power or 1 gold ?? etc...

Extremely difficult? How come? There are plenty of games that are way more complex than Clank! that have variable player powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Jjdelanoche wrote:
Highland Cow wrote:

Extremely difficult? How come? There are plenty of games that are way more complex than Clank! that have variable player powers.

Ok, fair point, accepted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathien Flameheart
Slovakia
Senica
flag msg tools
I tried creating one myself. Very basic, didn't want to completeley upset the balance.

The FIGHTER
4x Press On: +1 Skill
1x Move: +1 Boot
2x Clunky Armor: +1 Clank!; This turn, ignore one monster symbol in tunnels. (It makes a lot of noise, but protects you from dangers)
2x Hefty Sword: +1 Sword; Draw a Card. (Speeds things up for fighter, who doesn't really bother with stealth)
1x Charge!: +1 Clank!; If you have at least 7 cards in your play area +2 Swords. (combo with the Hefty Swords at cost of third +1 Clank! card in the start deck)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This was one of my first thoughts while playing the game for the first time. My idea for classes was super simple: you'd start with a random class, and each one gives you a symbol or effect every turn, sort of as if it was a sixth card that you played along with your five-card hand each turn.

Rogue
-Clank

Ninja
+Movement

Warrior
+Fight

Wizard
+Skill

Of course, getting +1 Fight per turn isn't anywhere close to as useful as a guaranteed movement every turn - I haven't really put lots of time into balancing anything. This just seemed like the simplest solution that could be built on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Tesla_Coil wrote:
This was one of my first thoughts while playing the game for the first time. My idea for classes was super simple: you'd start with a random class, and each one gives you a symbol or effect every turn, sort of as if it was a sixth card that you played along with your five-card hand each turn.

Rogue
-Clank

Ninja
+Movement

Warrior
+Fight

Wizard
+Skill

Of course, getting +1 Fight per turn isn't anywhere close to as useful as a guaranteed movement every turn - I haven't really put lots of time into balancing anything. This just seemed like the simplest solution that could be built on.

What if you give it +1 movement and +1 clank? It wouldn’t be a ninja anymore, but would it otherwise balance out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ip
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
You could gate it based on cards played too, ie:

+1 boot when 3 or more boots are used in one turn. This drives the player to build around movement cards without giving them a big advantage every turn.

Same could be said for the other classes with maybe different thresholds. IE:

-- Warrior is +1 sword when using 4 or more swords.

-- Rogue is -1 clank when 2 or more clank created in one turn.

-- Wizard +1 skill when 2 or more skill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.