Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
To commemorate the 50th anniversary of GenCon, Plan B Games is pleased to announce Century: Golem edition! We’re so excited to share this new edition with you that the first 50 fans at the Plan B Games merchandise booth (#2637) Thursday morning at 10 a.m. to proclaim, "I came for the golems!" will get a FREE copy of Century: Golem edition!

Century: Spice Road was released earlier this year with critical praise. However, many fans cried out for the Golem edition. We listened....Golem edition will be available exclusively through our web store and convention booths! The Golem edition includes original manga-inspired art paired with the simple hand-management mechanism introduced in Century: Spice Road. To help players further immerse themselves in the world of Caravania, the components in Spice Road have been replaced to match the game’s new exciting theme and setting. Lastly, the golems couldn't be released without a new customized playmat! Playmats are sold separately and available exclusively through Plan B Games (playmats can be ordered in early October).

EDIT - BGG listing -

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/232832/century-golem-edi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just a retheme?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
Is it just a retheme?

Mechanically speaking - the game is identical to Century: Spice Road (card abilities are the same). The differences that involve the theme include the box and card art, as well as components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
Is it just a retheme?

And if so...
How will this jive with the 2 follow up games? Will they also have an alternative theme to match somehow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Zuleger
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked the map and I believe you're at 2637. I don't think booth 2367 even exists. I'll try to get there for my copy!! Let the insanity begin. :whistle:

EchoOperative wrote:
To commemorate the 50th anniversary of GenCon, Plan B Games is pleased to announce Century: Golem edition! We’re so excited to share this new edition with you that the first 50 fans at the Plan B Games merchandise booth (#2367) Thursday morning at 10 a.m. to proclaim, "I came for the golems!" will get a FREE copy of Century: Golem edition!

Century: Spice Road was released earlier this year with critical praise. However, many fans cried out for the Golem edition. We listened....Golem edition will be available exclusively through our web store and convention booths! The Golem edition includes original manga-inspired art paired with the simple hand-management mechanism introduced in Century: Spice Road. To help players further immerse themselves in the world of Caravania, the components in Spice Road have been replaced to match the game’s new exciting theme and setting. Lastly, the golems couldn't be released without a new customized playmat! Playmats are sold separately and available exclusively through Plan B Games (playmats will ship out in early October).

EDIT - BGG listing coming soon ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks really cool. I'm excited to check it out even though I already have CSR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mczulu72 wrote:
I just checked the map and I believe you're at 2637. I don't think booth 2367 even exists. I'll try to get there for my copy!! Let the insanity begin. whistle

Whoops, corrected! Thanks for the catch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Allen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
EchoOperative wrote:
To commemorate the 50th anniversary of GenCon, Plan B Games is pleased to announce Century: Golem edition! We’re so excited to share this new edition with you that the first 50 fans at the Plan B Games merchandise booth (#2637) Thursday morning at 10 a.m. to proclaim, "I came for the golems!" will get a FREE copy of Century: Golem edition!

Century: Spice Road was released earlier this year with critical praise. However, many fans cried out for the Golem edition. We listened....Golem edition will be available exclusively through our web store and convention booths! The Golem edition includes original manga-inspired art paired with the simple hand-management mechanism introduced in Century: Spice Road. To help players further immerse themselves in the world of Caravania, the components in Spice Road have been replaced to match the game’s new exciting theme and setting. Lastly, the golems couldn't be released without a new customized playmat! Playmats are sold separately and available exclusively through Plan B Games (playmats will ship out in early October).

EDIT - BGG listing coming soon

Will it hit retailers at some point? $12.49 for 10-15 day shipping is pretty weak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oy. Wish I hadn't picked up the bland version already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Flight
United States
Boulder
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The website says the playmat is no longer in stock. Is that an error?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:

I'm right there with you

BUT...

They haven't answered my question yet if only our "bland" spice version will make sense with the upcoming games yet. Maybe we'll be happier in the long run?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jshaunallen wrote:
EchoOperative wrote:

EDIT - BGG listing coming soon

Will it hit retailers at some point? $12.49 for 10-15 day shipping is pretty weak.

Presently, I am unaware of any plans to distribute through retail channels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
mrranch wrote:
jayelbird wrote:

I'm right there with you

BUT...

They haven't answered my question yet if only our "bland" spice version will make sense with the upcoming games yet. Maybe we'll be happier in the long run?

I'm here for the 3-game integration, I might prefer golem, but I care more for the overall game than just the paint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mrranch wrote:
lfisher wrote:
Is it just a retheme?

And if so...
How will this jive with the 2 follow up games? Will they also have an alternative theme to match somehow?

Presently, we have no plans to extend this line unlike with Spice Road. This is 100% fan service for those eager for the golem edition's manga art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jflight1 wrote:

My apologies - they will be available in early October to order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what are the colors on the cubes? I'm really hoping this will be the colorblind friendly version that I've been jonesing for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eviljelloman wrote:
what are the colors on the cubes? I'm really hoping this will be the colorblind friendly version that I've been jonesing for.

I... might be able to play this one :-O

Can we pre-order for Gencon pickup? A free copy would be great but I'd mostly like to guarantee a copy without paying outrageous shipping, since this looks to be the only version of the game I would be able to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
eviljelloman wrote:
eviljelloman wrote:

I... might be able to play this one :-O

Can we pre-order for Gencon pickup? A free copy would be great but I'd mostly like to guarantee a copy without paying outrageous shipping, since this looks to be the only version of the game I would be able to play.

We were sure to use a different color for components to make it easier for those with color blindness (like me - I have no problems with Spice Road), but we think the different components are a nice side-effect for those with color blind issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Dodd
United States
Coraopolis
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd also be interested to know if Gen Con pickup is an option for pre-ordering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jondodd82 wrote:
I'd also be interested to know if Gen Con pickup is an option for pre-ordering.

It is not an option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we can't pre-order for pickup, will there at least be copies available to purchase at Gencon, or do we have to be in the first 50 to have a chance at it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Orange Park
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
eviljelloman wrote:
If we can't pre-order for pickup, will there at least be copies available to purchase at Gencon, or do we have to be in the first 50 to have a chance at it?

Copies will be available, but I don't know the exact quantities now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EchoOperative wrote:
jflight1 wrote:

My apologies - they will be available in early October to order.

So is the game going to sell out before the playmats are available? I want to get the game, but I would prefer to order them both together, to save some on shipping hopefully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Jamieson
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone wants a special edition or new print of any game let me know. The day after I buy one the update or new edition version is usually announced

:p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad I didn't buy the bland version already!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.