Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/07/fda-rule-change-could-...

I dunno about the push for people to vape but e-cigs have definitely become way more prevalent from my observations. There were only a few back in 2011 but now I know tons of people with one. Sadly local politics seems to be against them. I think they're still miles ahead of regular cigarettes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like my vape and I couldn't even picture going back to cigarettes. But the idea that it should be exempt from an FDA safety review because it was on the market before the review was required is simply idiotic. With the range of materials that can be used as a wick or a coil, I see no reason why the FDA shouldn't look at them. People could be inhaling all sorts of stuff and although I think it's likely to be better than smoking tobacco, it's simply stupid not to conform to whatever standard is set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh... for some reason I thought they already had regulated nicotine content. Maybe they just had put a max on it and now they want to lower it? If I wasn't so lazy I'd google it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
Huh... for some reason I thought they already had regulated nicotine content. Maybe they just had put a max on it and now they want to lower it? If I wasn't so lazy I'd google it.

Nope. They classified tobacco as a nicotine delivery device, dealt with some lawsuits, and then started working on rules. This is the result of the rule-making.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good. I'd also prefer if they stopped putting radioactive materials in them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.