Subject: Columbia Games Website rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has come to my attention today, that the various games forums that were on the Columbia Games Website have "disappeared".

The Games Forum link on their website now connects with the Columbia Games Forum/s on the BGG website ( here )...

What gives ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably so they do not have to maintain the forums anymore. Hopefully that means they'll be active on the BGG forums for their games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
michaeldavidcox wrote:
Probably so they do not have to maintain the forums anymore.

That's what I figured too...

Quote:
Hopefully that means they'll be active on the BGG forums for their games.

I have yet to see any sign of that on this particular forum...

[ To date, Grant D. has yet to reply to an email sent directly to him, re a recent CR query ( on this forum ) and a query re the whereabouts ( if any ) of the old CG forums. Maybe he is on his Hols ... ]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Richards
Australia
Mittagong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The forum on the website was great and was used regularly early in the piece but over the years the usage and monitoring dropped off significantly as the BGG forums grew momentum and in the end most things were placed on both forums. They were taxing in the sense of the company being able to dedicate the time to deal with the forum and keep up with it. It is a small company and Grant has a day job so they can be quite busy and sidetracked at times. I daresay the forum was also costing money that was seen as no longer being viable or justified.

Its a shame as I know that when Borodino (probably the best CG game available) came out there was a massive amount of in depth discussion and a valuable resource for anyone who owns the game, but sadly this was an exception to the rule in recent times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.