Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael McFall
United States
Fort Hood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the basic rules. You cannot plan 2 consecutive steep maneuvers in a row.

It's easy to keep track of because the last card moved is kept in position one face up.

So how does that work in the standard or the advanced game with multiple planes? If the card maneuvered just performed a steep and it's next card is a steep, what reminds you what the plane last did?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cross
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can place tokens with a steep symbol on the plane, or it's console as a reminder
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Fort Hood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no steep counters. That's in the WW1 version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Use a penny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Fort Hood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using a penny, token are all good ideas, but my concern is I missed something fundamental in either the standard or advanced rules.

Maybe it's just not an issue when you play.

We are about to switch to the standard and advanced rules here this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Straight up? It's usually an opponent who notices. They call you on your mistake when you flip the next card.

I make it a point in both games to put the cards I just used on the front of my deck (for WGF, in the order I played them) so that I can see what I did last turn. At times you reuse those cards, but that selection from the front of the deck is usually enough to remind me of what I just did. But I usually only fly one plane. A lot easier with just one plane.

If you're flying six planes I'd recommend you get a marker of some sort. Heads and Tails, or just slide it in place if you're in steep mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.